Upgrading Welding Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Welding Hood

I’ve been trying to research this topic and figured I would ask here as well. I want to upgrade from my current Northern Tool Auto Darken to a bigger lens and a more comfortable head piece. I’ve been looking at the Lincoln Viking as well as a Miller Digital Elite series. What is your experience and advice in this department? Thanks!

I like the viking

Comment

I am on my second digital elite. I love them. I weld for most of the day everyday and they last . Not to mention how light they are. My first one I used 7 years and it is still working but I retired it to home use and got a new one. I have used the Viking also and they are nice. I would go miller but either will do.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your input guys!

Comment

Lincoln Viking
          At the time it was the only auto hood with a big lens when we bought it.

Comment

I have a miller platinum (not auto) but upgraded the headgear to millers good headgear and it's so much more comfy

Comment

I have a speedglass that works good.

Comment

I’m pretty up in the air between the two. I like the x mode on the Miller but also like the bigger glass on the Lincoln. Maybe I should just get a Miller since that’s what welder I have

Comment

This is the headgear I have

Comment

I have two viking 3350's and i love them

Comment

I thought you were just supposed to squint your eyes real good and not use a helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lincoln Viking but I also own 3 Lincoln welders

Comment

So I checked out both models at Praxair today and man they are both on up there. The Miller was definitely more comfortable but the Lincoln lens looked awesome. It helped see him them in person but now I still can’t make up my mind. A Lincoln with the Miller head gear would be a nice setup!

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
                            I have two viking 3350's and i love them
                            Can you tell a significant improvement with the blue lens over other hoods you’ve worn?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              The Miller was very comfortable and the helmet itself seemed to contour better to my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X