Cowboy Hat Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Hat Etiquette

What are some common rules/etiquette you follow when wearing cowboy hats?

Not in the house, not at the dinner table whether Whataburger or steak dinner and not on the bed.

Comment

I have trouble keeping them on the noggin in this wind lately.

It may not be proper but I don’t take the hat off when dining inside a restaurant. And by the way, I work with cattle everyday.

Comment

Never during the National Anthem

Comment

Never in church. And for God’s sake put it on facing the right way. Such a simple thing...

Comment

Nothing like drunk girls at the Houston rodeo putting their hats on backwards...drives me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              Nothing like drunk girls at the Houston rodeo putting their hats on backwards...drives me nuts!
              Pics or it didn’t happen

Comment

Always off during a meal and in the house and takenoff when greeting a woman

Comment

I wear one quite a bit. Maybe i'm just used to it, but I don't treat it any different than a cap. Why would I do anything different just because it's a cowboy hat?

The only thing I do different is lay it down on its crown so I don't mess up the brim.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Never in church.
                    Agreed. As well as never on at a funeral. With that being said, it might just be me, but I take mine off when a funeral procession passes me buy when diving. Radio goes off just the same. Do the same with a cap on all the above

Comment

We wore them inside at the funeral home my step dads funeral just not in the chapel and not at the grave side service.

We asked the funeral director if it was ok. She said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                        Not in the house, not at the dinner table whether Whataburger or steak dinner and not on the bed.

Cowboy hat and spurs are the only thing I wear in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                          Cowboy hat and spurs are the only thing I wear in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Ha!

I think that a hat on the bed is more of a superstition, then the point of etiquette.

Comment

With all these rules why wear one :-)

Here's the Rules as I was taught them in MCRD Hollywood ruthlessly enforced as a NCO

2 fingers from the bridge of the nose

Never indoors unless you're Under Arms. A Vehicle is indoors. Unless you're in the field than you better have your brain bucket on at all times. Unless the uniform has changed, than follow that.

Always in uniform but Never in PT Gear. Which is a uniform

During Reveille and Taps you face the Flag Stand at Attention and Salute.
                            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 03-24-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                              I see that all day. 8am before they drink. All shapes and sizes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X