Audad... best way to cook it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audad... best way to cook it?

Have a friend that shot one and wants to give me the meat. I know nothing about the taste of it or how to cook it.

Any advice from the green screen?

Grind it up and add about 50% bacon and make burgers out of it.
    Other than that cut it into steaks, throw it in the grill for 5-10 minutes a side and feed it to the pup.

Comment

Grind into sausage

I’m going to try friend back strap and a pot roast with one here soon. Much more prepping is needed for those suckers unless it’s a younger ewe

Comment

Actually making hot sticks with mine in a few

Comment

Summer sausage

Skinny

Comment

I had a ton of Jerky made extra hot. Tough but good.

Comment

i have been told by 2 different friends it tastes just fine,, i have no personal experience however... and there are some previous threads about this same subject that might be useful

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Summer sausage

Skinny
                Times 2. Best use of an old ram is summer sausage. And lots of cheese and beer.

Comment

Fire up the grill, then put it on a cedar plank to cook it......once done, throw meat away and eat the cedar plank.....hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Fire up the grill, then put it on a cedar plank to cook it......once done, throw meat away and eat the cedar plank.....hope that helps.
                    Lol

Comment

It's the worst s*** I've ever tried to cook and eat. Enough said.

Comment

Based on these comments I think I will encourage him to take it back to Cajun country and let them figure out how to cook it

Comment

I eat it bbq on the grill with bbq sauce and carne quisada
                          I’m actually eating it that way tonight. If you’re going to Bbq it then boil garlic, onions, apples, and jalapeños all together. Then after that add two sticks of butter and a cup of brown sugar. Then mop every 10-15 minutes till done then sauce of your choice is a good extra.

Comment

Combine it 50/50 with pork grind it into hamburger it’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have made guisado, chile negro/colorado, abondigas, jerky, bf sausage,smoked leg, and chili with aoudad and it has all been great! For the most part, you can't go wrong with it unless you try to make steaks on the grill or cook it in the oven. Key is to make it in a wet recipe like the items listed above as it will dry out fast.

Haven't had a bad one yet

Comment

Working...
                              X