Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stop by( Gastons on the river)
      I think you'll enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Stop by( Gastons on the river)
        I think you'll enjoy it
        I’ve run arrows through many a deer about 1/2 mile across the river from the dock.

Comment

We played a baseball tournament in Mountain Home years back. Still one of the most beautiful places I have been. Lake was gin clear top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
            I’m going on June to see my grandfather. We’re staying on Lake Dardanelle. He lives in Havana which is between quachita national forest and Mt. Magazine. We’re definitely hitting the buffalo river with the kids and Bull shoals haven’t planned anything else yet.

Havana, that's the other side of the mountain from us..... pretty area.
            If you're planning a float with the kids, consider the Spring River

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
              I’ve run arrows through many a deer about 1/2 mile across the river from the dock.
              I'd love to do that....beautiful country.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                We love the area around Mena.

Tons of places to see, things to do, and places to stay.

Bring the quads or UTV and hit the trails, there’s hundreds of miles of trails in the area.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                Lots of fascinating history there.....from the 80's.
                YouTube search Mena

Comment

Take interstate 30 to HWY 7, take a left, go by Degray, up over Devils Eyebrow, down into Hot Springs, and see Catherine, & Hamilton, keep headed NW on 270, go through Y City, over to Rich Mountain, make the little jog, get on 88 and go to Willemena Lodge. Next day when you leave, take 88 into OK and head south through Beavers Bend/Hochatown area. A 300 mile loop through Ar. Campsites everywhere you look. Little places like Glenwood, are nice detours. River, cabins, canoes, etc... They also have a little 1 day trail there, called EAGLE Loop.
                  All the lakes have camping, lodges, golf, etc...Hot Springs is good for kids. The science & discovery house is awesome.
                  Also Rich Mountain is the highest point in the state, so while the views further north are different, none are higher.
                  Also the Lumb & Abner museum is in Mena, and whille your in town send me a message, and I'll tell you where the first set of bodies in 55 gal drums turned up. Should make a good photo .
                  You can also check out Shady Lake area East of Mena off HWY 8. Nice, lake/campground up in the hills.
                  If your looking for anything specific, shoot me a pm.
                  Last edited by MadHatter; 04-03-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
                    Buffalo river, 1000%. Stop in Ponca and try to see the elk.
                    Right on Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Lots of fascinating history there.....from the 80's.

YouTube search Mena

Darn right it’s fascinating history, I love stories like this.

Cocaine cowboys and arms running, all endorsed by the Clinton Mafia and backed by the CIA.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

An Arkansas icon, this special place nestled in Lee Creek Valley was selected as a state park site in the 1930s. The Civilian Conservation Corps used native materials to build the park’s rustic-style wood and stone structures that mirror the surrounding natural beauty. It now stands as one of the most intact CCC sites in the U.S., with a legacy you can see in its trails and buildings like its original cabins. Some of the park’s unique characteristics are rock formations and caverns.

Beautiful Country! In the Boston Mountains of Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Take interstate 30 to HWY 7, take a left, go by Degray, up over Devils Eyebrow, down into Hot Springs, and see Catherine, & Hamilton, keep headed NW on 270, go through Y City, over to Rich Mountain, make the little jog, get on 88 and go to Willemena Lodge. Next day when you leave, take 88 into OK and head south through Beavers Bend/Hochatown area. A 300 mile loop through Ar. Campsites everywhere you look. Little places like Glenwood, are nice detours. River, cabins, canoes, etc... They also have a little 1 day trail there, called EAGLE Loop.
                          All the lakes have camping, lodges, golf, etc...Hot Springs is good for kids. The science & discovery house is awesome.
                          Also Rich Mountain is the highest point in the state, so while the views further north are different, none are higher.
                          Also the Lumb & Abner museum is in Mena, and whille your in town send me a message, and I'll tell you where the first set of bodies in 55 gal drums turned up. Should make a good photo .
                          You can also check out Shady Lake area East of Mena off HWY 8. Nice, lake/campground up in the hills.
                          If your looking for anything specific, shoot me a pm.
                          Good information except Mt Magazine is the highest point in the state. Rich Mt is second.

Comment

Yes sir . Got me by 19ft. I've had that wrong for quite awhile, for some reason . Appreciate the correction.

Comment

And it's "Lum"

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                                And it's "Lum"
                                I quit . Just go to Arkansas, meet some hillbillies, and have fun

Comment

Working...
                                X