Looking to buy a framing nailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a framing nailer

A couple of years ago my wife bought me one of the Porter Cable "kits" that had the pneumatic stapler, brad nailer, and finish nailer. I thought I would go ahead and get a framing nail gun since I will be building a porch onto the house this spring, and to have for other projects. But I know nothing about them and don't understand why there are different degree models. I need advice on what to buy so I am turning to the brotherhood on the green screen for advice and knowledge. Any advice?

Hitatchi is very popular among the framers i know

Comment

Hitachi 21° 3 1/2" will do everything you need it to, and is easy to toenail with.

Comment

I have a Campbell Hausfeld 21° and love it. Shoots up to 3 1/2" nails. I would give it to you but I actually built my whole house with it. I believe the 21° is the most popular. Keep them oiled and they will last!

Check out Harbor Freight. Not sure what brand they have but all equipment I have purchased from them tool wise have been great.

Comment

Hitachi 21 degree lots of use and no problems with the nailer.

Comment

Senco 4Z0001N Clipped Head Framing Nailer is what I use.

about 200 bucks on Amazon and I've tried just about all of them.

It gets great reviews - 100% 5 stars last time I looked.

Comment

Hitachi 21 degree all day every day.

Comment

I am partial to what I used when I used to frame a couple decades ago...sheesh...

still have both of them actually, Duo-fast, cn325 and cn350.

Comment

The guys that framed my house used Hitachi. I find it’s hard to keep any of the pneumatic nailers going if you are a casual user like me. Harbor Freight is probably half the price but in a few years when it needs repair there are no parts available.

Comment

Aint nothin' better

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    Senco 4Z0001N Clipped Head Framing Nailer is what I use.

about 200 bucks on Amazon and I've tried just about all of them.

It gets great reviews - 100% 5 stars last time I looked.
                    This^^^

It is not only what I own and have owned for several years but more importantly it is what I used that the company provided way back when I was framing houses. Simply put they are the most reliable pneumatic on the market.

Comment

Kicking around the idea myself.

Difference between the full head and clipped? Is that the nail or the gun

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a Paslode 5300 I bought nearly 20 years ago. I only use it (or loan it out) once every year or two now, but every time I hook it up to air, it drives nails. I keep thinking the seals will have dried up when I get it out (jinxed it now ), but it's been golden.

Comment

Built a 2000 sqrt house with a harbor freight special. Ran great.

Comment

I would like to know that myself, Quackerbox. Thanks guys for all the input.

Comment

I bought a Porter Cable framing nailer a few years ago. I have not used it yet but it loans out well and I have not had complaints.

Comment

Working...
                              X