Barrel Contour Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel Contour Selection

Does anyone have some picture comparisons between barrel contours. Currently have a sendero profile but looking to go a little heavier. Every company is a touch different though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sendero has a muzzle diameter of 0.820" or 0.830" at 26", depending on the age of the rifle. The newer ones have the 0.830". How much heavier are you planning to go and what will it be used for? An M24 contour is a heavy sum buck and so is the heavy varmint contour.

Comment

No pics on this one, but does give specs of each

Comment

a .900 barrel is the next step up for most manufacturers and they get heavy. I have an M24 contour on my 300WM at 26 inches!!

Comment

I've got a Krieger #5 that is on a 280ai. I really like that contour ---- its heavy, but not ultra heavy.

Comment

the black barrel is a Rem 700 PSS

Comment

What manufacturer Blake?

Comment

Comment

GAP #6 Bartlein .900 @26"

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    What manufacturer Blake?
                    pretty sure Rock Creek , I borrowed those pics from the web and saved 'em

OP, what is your preference for rifle weight, or does it matter ?

24" Sendero/Varmint Special rifles run 9.5 lbs. , add glass and the scoped rifle will be pushing 11 ~ 12 lbs.

Several of my custom rifles are wearing Light Varmint (LV) and Med Palma tapers and weigh 12 - 13 lbs.

Comment

Got ya

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                      X