Eating their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    All in all I see all this as a attack on men as a whole.
    From time immemorial they have had IT we have wanted IT and that made the world go round.
    The cave man let the cave woman eat what he caught because he wanted IT

The modern family worked for a long time because young men would go to work and provide food and housing due a great deal to the fact that in return he would recieve IT on a regular basis.

Fast forward to today's new and improved world and any man who flirts with any woman is to be shamed.
    How dare he ask a woman for a date or even tell her she is pretty.

It is an attack on males, we should all be ashamed of the very same emotions that make us men.

I'm old so it does not effect me but i do wonder what kind of men will be around 50 years from now
    Yep. I am younger than you but can clearly see the demasculation of younger men.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      Yep. I am younger than you but can clearly see the demasculation of younger men.
      I see it everywhere as well...fueled by the snowflake lefty's

Comment

which masculine qualities would you say are being lost in younger generations today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          which masculine qualities would you say are being lost in younger generations today?

Aggressiveness. Strength. Choosing logic over emotion. Work ethic. Leadership. Stuff like that.....

Comment

All of them. In 50 yrs, you won't know one from other.

Comment

edited:

this is all very subjective and my comment was off based
              Last edited by texasnavy05; 11-30-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

so,

men are becoming less aggressive. is this a bad thing?

men are becoming weaker (im assuming physically) id attribute this to an increase in non physical entertainment and non physical job demand.

choosing logic over emotion...i feel that this would be nearly impossible to quantify and subjective. but ive no ground to debate that opinion.

work ethic and leadership - are these masculine qualities? id say these attributes are not gender specific.

Coming from your liberal point of view, I can see how you dont understand/agree. But the sexes are different for a reason. Both have strengths and weaknesses. When paired they ( are supposed to ) capitalize on their combined strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Take aggressiveness as an example. This helps him secure food/work etc to provide for his family. The tenderness his wife ( should ) posesses is perfect for nurturing children. That is very convenient since she has the eqpt to feed the child etc. Pretty simple and obvious if put any kind of thought into it....

Comment

Coming from your liberal point of view, I can see how you dont understand/agree. But the sexes are different for a reason. Both have strengths and weaknesses. When paired they ( are supposed to ) capitalize on their combined strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Take aggressiveness as an example. This helps him secure food/work etc to provide for his family. The tenderness his wife ( should ) posesses is perfect for nurturing children. That is very convenient since she has the eqpt to feed the child etc. Pretty simple and obvious if put any kind of thought into it....
                  i dont agree. that does not mean i dont understand. and, i really dont see what any of this has to do with a liberal pov that you assume i have. i agree that God made men and women different and complimentary. i disagree that masculinity is declining. machismo may be, but not masculinity. the biggest indicator imo of a masculine man is a man after Gods own heart. a man that puts others before himself. a man that takes care of his business. kind. diligent. honest. humble.

completely subjective, but i think these qualities are on the rise.

Comment

i dont agree. that does not mean i dont understand. and, i really dont see what any of this has to do with a liberal pov that you assume i have. i agree that God made men and women different and complimentary. i disagree that masculinity is declining. machismo may be, but not masculinity. the biggest indicator imo of a masculine man is a man after Gods own heart. a man that puts others before himself. a man that takes care of his business. kind. diligent. honest. humble.

completely subjective, but i think these qualities are on the rise.

I'm just curious, but how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      I'm just curious, but how old are you?
                      31. Christian. white male from rural texas. veteran with honorable service. engineering degree. happily married with 2 kids. farmer. rancher. typically vote conservatively. bow hunter. kayak fisherman. mountain biker. thats pretty much me in a nutshell.
                      Last edited by texasnavy05; 11-30-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Color me shocked. Especially considering the farmer/rancher part and you believing that masculinity is on the rise. I'm baffled at your way of thinking, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          I see it everywhere as well...fueled by the snowflake lefty's

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04ae497040e07

And, ugly women. Hot women never b*tch about the attention.

Comment

Color me shocked. Especially considering the farmer/rancher part and you believing that masculinity is on the rise. I'm baffled at your way of thinking, that's for sure.
                            x2. The pussification of American men is in strong effect.

Comment

very real possibility that im out of touch with the pulse of the nation. i dont watch much tv (except aggie football) and, in all honestly, 95% of the people i encounter daily are very similar to myself (regarding religion/occupation/hobbies/etc)

Comment

very real possibility that im out of touch with the pulse of the nation. i dont watch much tv (except aggie football) and, in all honestly, 95% of the people i encounter daily are very similar to myself (regarding religion/occupation/hobbies/etc)

I think Ironman was eluding to the point that, all of your interests and values don't usually mesh with your typically left-of-center political viewpoint. At least what we read on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X