Registration/inspection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration/inspection?

If I got my truck inspected last year,and got it registered.Do I have to get it inspected again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yep

Comment

Yep

Comment

Every year

Comment

Okay,thanks.For some reason I thought it was every other.

Comment

I wish they would do away with inspection altogether. Its a joke and a money grab.

Comment

I think the registration is a money grab. The inspection makes sense for safety. The registration though? It's like: "Do you still own that car? yeah. Okay great. Pay us yearly because you do"

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                I think the registration is a money grab. The inspection makes sense for safety. The registration though? It's like: "Do you still own that car? yeah. Okay great. Pay us yearly because you do"
                Lets just be thankful that isn't required for registered firearms....

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                  Okay,thanks.For some reason I thought it was every other.

You have a sticker on your windshield with the date on it.

When we moved here in January I was hoping Texas was one of the states that didn't require inspections. I know in PA even if someone owned a heap they could find a "lick'em and stick'em" type of shop to get an inspection sticker, so they don't really keep unsafe vehicles off the roads. The place here in TX we took our vehicles to was so fast I can't believe they pulled the wheels and checked everything. Plus Parker country requires emissions. If they did check everything plus emissions testing, they are the fastest shop I've ever been to LOL.

Comment

Nothing is pulled off your vehicle for inspection...it is a safety inspection only, not a vehicle operations inspection.....you could easily refer to it as a joke. But hey, its just money...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      I wish they would do away with inspection altogether. Its a joke and a money grab.
                      Yep. When most states don't have one, I think it has proven itself unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        Nothing is pulled off your vehicle for inspection...it is a safety inspection only, not a vehicle operations inspection.....you could easily refer to it as a joke. But hey, its just money...
                        That makes sense then how they were so fast. In PA they really inspected the vehicles; pulled wheels, checked brakes, suspension, frame, etc. I wrongly thought it was the same here.

Comment

I heard this summer it was being taken up in state house about doing away with the inspections, but haven’t heard much about it since.
                          They were considering because studies show there is no benefit to safety between states that have inspections verses those that don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It really is a joke now. Texas used to check the headlights' positioning. The only "safety" thing they check is a quick brake test.

Now we see goggle eyes and bozos that lift/level their trucks but don't re-aim the headlights.

Comment

Working...
                            X