Clear All

question for the science minded

Any thoughts
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-16 10.13.50.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	25077655

A brilliant idea. Not, arrows are manufactured for a reason it's the end process of research

Comment

I disagree because the non-newtonian fluid would not stiffen instantly when the arrow was released instead it would decrease in viscosity due to the sudden shock of movement in the release and the collision with the target

Comment

I love traditional because it's simple, like me.

As far as the concept...maybe, but I doubt my arrows are water tight. Might blow the nock out like weed eater string

Comment

Thanks a lot John!!!! Now I have to waste time looking up non-Newtonian fluid to find out what it is!

Even if I do look it up, I think I'll just keep my arrows the way they are now!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Thanks a lot John!!!! Now I have to waste time looking up non-Newtonian fluid to find out what it is!

Even if I do look it up, I think I'll just keep my arrows the way they are now!

Bisch
            Double G probably would not allow you to shoot your arrows filled with toxic goo

Comment

^Been there done that, watched nocks fly out, maybe something to consider, and like the basic idea, however when you get this scientific it is no longer basic and gets quite complex. Upon release does it spit the nock out, or on impact?? Either way is a loss of stored energy and then would result in less penetration. IF you affix the nock and insert as to be liquid tight then you also must take into consideration fletch pattern, type, rptation in flight, .... Forget all that, grab some woodies and let em fly. :-)

Comment

Ha ha love all the feed back that is why I posted here just got a wild idea thought I'd share my idea for a little cannon fodder.
                Bisch I heard you killed a honey badger with your finger and a man such as that would have no need of this.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                  ^Been there done that, watched nocks fly out, maybe something to consider, and like the basic idea, however when you get this scientific it is no longer basic and gets quite complex. Upon release does it spit the nock out, or on impact?? Either way is a loss of stored energy and then would result in less penetration. IF you affix the nock and insert as to be liquid tight then you also must take into consideration fletch pattern, type, rptation in flight, .... Forget all that, grab some woodies and let em fly. :-)
                  Well I have had the nock blow out on some of my experiments this would be closer to a play doh and not so much water so I don't think that the sudden impact would knock the nock out non Newtonian fluids act like gelatin they are soft and pliable until they are impacted when they are impacted they become stiff which is why I suggested it I'm not even sure how much more weight it would add

Comment

[QUOTE=little john;10988535]Ha ha love all the feed back that is why I posted here just got a wild idea thought I'd share my idea for a little cannon fodder.

You have a cool idea, go make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                      Ha ha love all the feed back that is why I posted here just got a wild idea thought I'd share my idea for a little cannon fodder.
                      Bisch I heard you killed a honey badger with your finger and a man such as that would have no need of this.lol
                      You got some bum dope! I have never hunted honey badger...........yet!!!

Bisch

Comment

Huh?

Comment

In for the high speed video!

Comment

nnpp

Non-newtonian pig popper...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Years and years ago a couple of guys at the pro shop was messing with a fellow employee and filled a couple of his arrows with some water. He about went nuts trying to figure out why he kept have a couple of flyers while shooting in the range.

Comment

Working...
                              X