My 6yr old got her first one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 6yr old got her first one!

Kind of a long read but I'm still so excited and proud of her so I'm sorry lol

My little girl decided last year that she wanted to kill a deer when she was 6. So I told her I would help her get her first deer as long as she practiced her shooting. She has been practicing like crazy with the crossbow and was darn good with it at 20 yards so set off for the lease to hunt Sunday evening through tuesday evening. As luck would have it the set up I had ready for her was a bust. Feeder battery had died a week before and the wind was horrible for the spot. So I told her if she really wanted to try and get one she should try shooting my AR. She was a little hesitant at first but man that girl can shoot! First 2 shots at 75 yards and the holes were connected. Fast forward to tuesday evening. One doe fawn trotted by around 3pm and that was it and a couple of almost opportunities that morning. She was bummed out to say the least. I couldn't handle it so I told her if she wanted to we would stay and hunt weds morning but we would have to leave early so I could make it home and be able to get to work on time weds evening. She flew out of bed weds morning and we snuck into the brush blind. About 7 a yound basket 8 came in and I couldn't for the life of me stretch him out to 13 inches. Then boom her come a spike across the field towards the feeder. I told her to get ready he was coming in. Well he walked right past the feeder on a mission. She did awesome following him with the scope and I was able to stop him just long enough for her to make the shot at 45 yards. He plowed dirt with his nose for about 20 feet and flipped over! By far the coolest experience I have ever had! We were hugging and laughing and going crazy in the blind! Right then my phone starts buzzing and it's my dad who was at work. I answered and said why are you calling me right now? And he said I'm not really sure I just felt like I needed to. Pretty sure I could hear a tear in papaws voice when Harper told him what she had just done. She told me her heart was beating so fast and her whole body was jiggling haha I doubt I will ever have a more memorable hunt. And for anybody taking a kiddo out the bogpod deathgrip is worth the money! Without that I'm not sure she would have been able to pull it off. She has thanked me I dunno how many times for taking her hunting and helping her get her first deer. Sorry for the long read , her are some pics. The last one shows how rowdy the ride home was lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The smile says it all! Congrats on the first of many����

Comment

FANTASTIC!
      Waydago little lady

Comment

Hunts just don't get better than that.

Comment

Nothing better !

Comment

Congrats to your daughter

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Love it! Congrats to you both!

Comment

Congratulations! Precious little girl, Enjoy every minute!

Comment

Way to go young laday!

Comment

That is awesome good job

Comment

Haha!! That's great! Congrats you 2!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Comment

Well done congrats to her!

Comment

Thats too awesome. Congrats to her. Its a great feeling watching your kid take their first deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X