No announcement yet.

Chair or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fold up chair with a BACK REST and a pouch under it!! Amazon.

Comment

Chair.. Millinium Ground Blind Chair at that. Bought one for 12 hour sits for antelope and never once got uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
        Chair.. Millinium Ground Blind Chair at that. Bought one for 12 hour sits for antelope and never once got uncomfortable.

I haven’t been able to stomach $200 for a fold up hunting chair yet lol. But maybe one day I’ll do it. Or maybe Santa will bring it for Xmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is how I primarily hunt if rifle hunting. I gave up box stands over feeders years ago. I just sit directly on the ground by the base of a tree. I have carried one of those little round camo cushions with me and it helps with comfort.

Comment

Last year a shot two deer sitting in a fold up camp chair in the brush. Found a spot and cleared a little out and sat in the chair. I brought a shooting stick for the gun and had the gun leaning against a fork in a bush next to me. One shot was about 30 yards away and the other about 50 yards. Both dear walked past me about 15 yards away. Once past I eased the gun up. I may not bow hunt anymore but the knowledge of bow hunting pays off. Good luck and go give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I’m with you - there was a time when sitting on the ground was an option but no more. When I’m doing a run&gun I take a short dove stool
              ^^^ THIS^^^

It is too difficult to quietly swivel around, or even sit up, in a sling-type cair ibn a bag. They would be too noisy to move around in. The dove stool is the ticket for sitting in the open, although it is not as easy on the back. Set it up next to a tree for back support.

Comment

I vote chair and shooting sticks

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I’m with you - there was a time when sitting on the ground was an option but no more. When I’m doing a run&gun I take a short dove stool
                  Yup. In my sixties it is a lot easier to get up from a chair than the ground.

Comment

Working...
                  X