• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a couple of axis out there.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Hunt the blinds closest to the river and bring a lot of ammo. In the later hunts, the big axis go more nocturnal...they do so many hunts out there including the youth hunts that the animals get a little wise. The good thing is, there are a lot of animals! You should be able to shoot a WT doe every sit. Be ready to shoot- I've been drawn twice in the last four years and I shot 4 animals each time. Every axis was walking through the trees when I shot them and had to fire quickly. Stack em up like cord wood!

Comment

BIL and I hunted the ADE hunt in December of last year. He took two Axis doe and two WT and I took an Axis buck and three WT. We were both within walking distance of the check station and parked at the maintenance area. There is only one person on our hunt that didn't kill axis or WT and he didn't stay the whole time.

Axis like alfalfa. One bale is more than enough. Both of the axis doe BIL killed still had alfalfa in their mouth when we recovered them. The WT gravitated toward corn.

I don't think there are any bad stands there but the ones near the campgrounds and to the north seemed to see more deer. The group of three that hunted that area on our hunt took eleven deer (3 axis and eight WT).

It's a really fun hunt. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X