which .270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which .270

In the market for a new bang stick. Which .270 do yall prefer show me what ya got. Had a old Winchester. 270 back when i was a teen. Need a smaller calliber than a 7 mag hahaha

I've got this one and love it.

Steel receiver with matte blued finish; glass bedded; drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Free-floating, hand-chambered barrel with target crown and matte blue finish. A

Comment

I've got a Ruger 77 I've been pretty happy with. Savage makes great rifles for the money too.

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
        That sure is a pretty gun... What scope did you go with

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
          That sure is a pretty gun... What scope did you go with
          Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10x50

Comment

mine is a Rem. 700 bdl bought used in 1994. killed a easy 35 deer and hogs. turkey, bobcats, coyotes. from 50 yard out to 500. that's what makes the .270 a all around weapon. it has punch. but not a fur killer. as I set here thinking about what firearms to sell, that one I will never.

Comment

Dad has a OLD mauser 98 in .270 cal. he bought @ Rays sporting goods in "73.. he still has it, and I have seen him neck shoot deer over 400 yards, and walk up and be ready to field dress them.. He made promise IF and When anything happened to him, it would NOT leave the family... He made me promise when I was in my early 20s, and I am 56, he still uses the exact gun @ 76 years young...

Comment

Mine is my favorite rifle. Winchester mod 70 extreme weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                  Dad has a OLD mauser 98 in .270 cal. he bought @ Rays sporting goods in "73.. he still has it, and I have seen him neck shoot deer over 400 yards, and walk up and be ready to field dress them.. He made promise IF and When anything happened to him, it would NOT leave the family... He made me promise when I was in my early 20s, and I am 56, he still uses the exact gun @ 76 years young...
                  Stories like this are the reason why i want my own. My dad always let me use his when i was a kid. Now its my turn to own my own.

Comment

Many good choices with a .270. Remington sendero or a older model 70 would be my top 2

Comment

Sendero hands down. Wanted to sell mine

Comment

Browning Medallion.

Comment

APR Ranger

Comment

I have a standard model 700 CDL in 270, which is very accurate. I love the gun but would go with a CDL SF (stainless fluted) model if I wanted another 700.

Last edited by 30-30; 08-06-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                              I have a standard model 700 CDL in 270, which is very accurate. I love the gun but would go with a CDL SF (stainless fluted) model if I wanted another 700.

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bol...del-700-cdl-sf
                              I have that stainless fluted. Amazing gun! It's my go to for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X