No low fence bow bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No low fence bow bucks

Went to the TTHA show yesterday in San Antonio and had a good day looking at all the new toys. Went by the deer contest, to see what had been entered. I only saw two bow bucks and both were high fenced. One super freak was around 345 inches and was in the North Texas high fence division. Awesome deer, but not a "real deal" buck in my mind. There was not a single deer entered that was low fence archery.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to capitalize on next year!

Comment

I guess the buck in my avatar would have won it since there was no competition, but that wouldn't be any fun. He's still at the taxidermist anyway.

Comment

That's too bad. So, let's all enter next year.

Comment

Huntin..............it aint what it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Huntin..............it aint what it used to be
            False. It's exactly what you make it.

And I don't need to enter anything in a contest.
            Sounds like an easy win to me for someone. Until this was posted.... Haha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

This. Even my two best bucks ever, you guys would laugh at, I'm sure. Then again, I'm one of those dirty no good meat hunters that shoots spikes. *ducks incoming barrage*

Comment

All the Mega "BUCK'S" have ruined most of the Contest these days.

Comment

Shooting Spikes ....well I never!! Just messing with you Davoh. The rule on our lease is if you like a deer and it's a trophy to you shoot it. I ve let 10-15 deer walk in the last 10 years that I sure wished I'd have taken now. That's the fun of hunting to me. The one that got away. We are low fence. I don't know of a high fence place with in 25 miles of our place.

Comment

Contests still have divisions, let them do what they want to do, we do what we want to do. Last contest I won anything in was a 156 3/8 8pt with bow at LC. I'll enter this year since I'm seeing a new winner on the trail cam big ugly 7 lol it's easier to win prizes for bucks below 10pt anything 10 or higher you need a 180 or better to even make the board this is low fence too.

Comment

Alas, the reason I have not been to their show in at least 6-7 years! Not hating but not where my interest lies.

Comment

Genetically altered bucks are just that, genetically altered. Its legal, and bottom line, people like hanging big bucks on their wall no matter how much they cost. If ya gotta a bunch of money you can pretty much fill your wall up with whole bunch of big bucks. Like Shania Twain said.....That don't impress me much!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Sounds like an easy win to me for someone. Until this was posted.... Haha
                          For me it is exactly what i want it to be, traditional, exciting.
                          Just about no technology. recurve,hand corn and no trail cameras.

But in general its nothing like it was as i was growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                            Genetically altered bucks are just that, genetically altered. Its legal, and bottom line, people like hanging big bucks on their wall no matter how much they cost. If ya gotta a bunch of money you can pretty much fill your wall up with whole bunch of big bucks. Like Shania Twain said.....That don't impress me much!
                            I seriously doubt that there were any genetically altered bucks at the TBH show. I don't even know if it's legal to genetically alter deer.

Comment

Trophy whitetail bucks are like time.......relative!

I'm pretty sure Einstein said that.

Comment

Working...
                              X