Carbon Xpress vs Beman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Xpress vs Beman

Originally, I shot the Beman ICS Hunter 340, and I still have a few in the mix of my fun/target arrows.

Now I have been shooting the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350.

The Bemans are BARELY heavier. I put the same knocks, field points, and everything on each arrow. The only difference is the fletching. Blazers on the CX, and stock vanes I guess on the Beman.

I expected each brand to shoot in different places especially because of the VERY slight weight difference but the only thing I am noticing is the inconsistency of the CX arrows. I can't shoot 2 Bemans at the same bullseye without busting knocks. The CX are just not as consistent. If I put a fixed blade on it gets worse. Makes me nervous to shoot 40yds or beyond. But no problem with the Bemans. My old time bow pro at the archery shop tells me it's because CX are Korean made, and they don't hunt over there.

What do you guys suggest? different fletching? Go back with the Beman's?

Go back to what shoots good with your setup. I was all over the place with all the top names. Tightened up with CX Mayhems. Cant tell you why but they work for me. Name brands dont mean alot to me. I justed wanted something that worked with my set up. If it aint broke.......

Comment

It has nothing to do with being made in Korea. It has everything to do with spine and arrow diameter. The CX arrows are not as large OD as the Bemans, and will not sit on the rest in the same spot. Also if your CX arrows are a different spine than the 340s they will not shoot anywhere near the same.

Both are well proven arrows and are built to high quality standards. Are they the same length and spine?

Comment

I use to shoot the CX Mutiny. Got my first Robin Hood with those. Had to switch to the Piledrivers because they have the nock collar that helps protect the shaft. I still have to replace nocks all the time, but I'm not messing up the arrow now. I haven't shot Bemans, but I also have not heard anything bad about them.

Comment

I shot bemans for a couple of years. I bought som mehyems and would'nt go back. Love them and they have the same impact pattern. I don't think the "Korea" thing has any thing to do with it.

Comment

They are the same length and spine. I think I am just gonna go back to the Bemans because it's just going to be the easiest fix. Perhaps it is the OD difference. But again, the CX are hitting to the left, right, above and below the bullseye at 30 yrds and beyond and I can drive nails with the Bemans up to 50 yrds.

Comment

Could simply be, (most likely), fletching difference.

Comment

I would shoot what works with your setup. If the weight is barely different the speed difference should be small and the energy at impact almost the same as well. Sounds like the beman work great for you anyway.

Comment

My brother shoots the bemans,,, he has a black ice and shot at a turkey with the guiatein on them and the arrow droped straigh in to the ground... We were also down in junctionn shooting at the target makeing sure the sights were still on point and when he swithed to his bh it whisled during flight.. He tried on of my maxims and it quit and buried the arrow to the fletchings where as the bemian on had a little bit more than half arrow penetration..

I have never had a problem with the maximas and now thats all he buy is the maximas or mayhams

Comment

Easton A/C/C Pro Hunter

Go with whatever works. Beman's will be easier on the wallet for sure. Fletchings sure can be tricky though. Faith in your setup I think is more important than anything.

You need to post some of those neighborhood videos you got on here Blake!

Comment

Working...
                    X