New Dodge eco diesel truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dodge eco diesel truck

Has anybody bought one of these? Any issues? Fuel economy? And if you dont mind, what can I expect to get one for?

Thanks

I don't personally own one but our sales guy bought one 3 months ago and from what I have seen I'm in love. He is averaging 27.5-28mpg on the highway. It's a Longhorn 4door 4x4. He gets about 16 pulling his Skeeter. I think it's the nicest 1/2 ton out there and if I don't get a 3/4 ton in the next month or so that's what I'm buying although I am anxious to see the Nissan.

Comment

the fuel milage drops off that much pulling a boat?

Comment

It's a 22 footer. Still better than his Cummins got pulling it and better than dad's 5.9 gets pulling a 12ft trailer with a Ranger on it.

Comment

Been in one. Way better mpg than my ecoboost he gets 25 running 80 mph on highway and i get 17 .No way he wants to hook them up bumper to bumper or run 0-100. The ecoboost will outpull it and runaway from it.

Comment

2014 Ram Quad Cab Laramie, 4x4, 3.55 rear end, Air Suspension, with EcoDiesel V-6...I just drove down from Lampasas to San Antonio on Hwy 281 on Saturday and got 27.2 mpg average staying within 5mph of posted speed limits!

The CREW CAB trucks were offering better rebates than the Quad Cab like mine. The CC also has in the floor storage area with drain plugs for drinks and stuff..

I have had two of the Ford F-150's with the Ecoboost and the Ram will get better fuel mileage all day long! My last one 4x4 with 3.73 rear wouldn't get over 18mpg period and was rated 21mpg highway!. I got 9 mpg towing my 7x14 enclosed motorcycle trailer with it down to Bandera. Trip to NH in June towing an open trailer with my Harley on it I got 12mpg going 65mph on the highway..it sucked and I got rid of it!

Link to fuel mileage/fillups so far on this truck!
            Fuelly allows you to tracks your gas mileage over time, helping you calculate fuel expenses as you drive.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rossn2; 08-27-2014, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Does it still have the dual exhaust molded into the bumper? Not a fan of that.

Comment

The dual exhaust is under the bumper, not molded into or thru it!

Visit here for info on the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel:

Ram1500Diesel.com is the largest RAM 1500 Diesel forum community on the web with discussions on 2014+ Ram EcoDiesel trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing capacity, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
                Last edited by rossn2; 08-27-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

What's the going price of the eco-diesel 1500 4x4's being seen at the dealers now?

Comment

nice looking truck.

Comment

What do these run $$$?

Comment

Whats the payload of that truck?

Comment

My Dentist/Hunting buddy had gotten one of these before I left on this deployment, so I posed this question to him this morning...here is his response. (his prior truck was the Excursion with the 7.3L)

"Well....it is not my heavy duty excursion......but I did not really need that much power now. But, it is a very comfortable truck with all the bells and whistles that make traveling good, but it will only tow 9200 pounds. Without a load it gets about 24-26 mpg which I really enjoy when I go to the diesel pump.....when pulling a trailer with a light load that drops to 16mpg. I have not tried a heavy load . It goes up and down the lease hills nicely. Overall....on a scale of 1-10, I would probably give it an 8."

Comment

I get 17 from my 250 and 12 pulling my 22 foot boat . . . . .these numbers make you consider . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              the fuel milage drops off that much pulling a boat?
                              There's not a 1/2 or 3/4 ton out there that'll get better fuel mileage pulling.
                              This truck seems to be the real deal, finally.

sidenote: I'm refering to him pulling the 22' skeeter. I'm sure if you load it down further it would get worse. My point was to say that putting this truck up against all the other 1/2 ton options pulling the same boat, this truck will win the mpg contest hands down.
                              Last edited by thorshammer; 08-27-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X