No announcement yet.

State Income Tax..or Property Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the best of all 3 worlds, 6.84% state income tax, 2.25% property tax, and 7% local sales tax

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
      What in the world caused your home insurance to be $6,000 a year?
      I live in First Tier County
      Hurricanes
      My house in a straight line is only 16 miles from East Matagorda Bay

Comment

Sales tax! Don't want to pay any taxes....don't buy anything. Want to buy something...pay taxes. Would be pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          I get the best of all 3 worlds, 6.84% state income tax, 2.25% property tax, and 7% local sales tax
          welcome to nebraska the tax me state

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
            welcome to nebraska the tax me state

No kidding. *** is up with the restaurant tax?! What part of the state are you in? We’re West Omaha

Comment

south omaha,restaurant was temp. @ 10 years ago, on any prepaired food, wait till u plate ur cars and trucks :wheel tax starts at $ 50 per unit on cars, trucks its $75 and up based on weight of truck . wheel tax was also temp. started in 1962. cant move to texas or south dakota fast enough once again welcome to nebraska!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                This^^^^^ as long as they do away with the property tax.
                There isn't a state that doesn't have property tax..our best bet would be to do away will tolls in place of income tax.

Comment

Re: Address

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  LOL Guys posting in this thread are funny.

He who has the money will be taxed the most. Period.

They will never get rid of property tax.. Ever.

They may add an income tax. But they will for sure stick with whatever gets them the most money from "rich" people.

They will never introduce a tax that taxes everyone equally.

Is this really a discussion?
                  I m as far from rich as they get. I dont think anyone is under the impression that all gov entities will stop raping the tax payer. It just ain't right that a piece of property can be taxed out of a family

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I m as far from rich as they get. I dont think anyone is under the impression that all gov entities will stop raping the tax payer. It just ain't right that a piece of property can be taxed out of a family

Amen. It’s the crime of the century and we’ve allowed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      There isn't a state that doesn't have property tax..our best bet would be to do away will tolls in place of income tax.
                      That would help me $0. Tolls are as big of a scam as property taxes but I can avoid tolls. I go out of my way to avoid them. I'll spend 20 minutes on an access road, & 35 traffic lights, to avoid the scam of paying a toll.
                      Thank God I very rarely venture to where toll roads are.

Unfortunately, I have to go thru Dallas tomorrow, into The Colony, to help a friend. The quicker route is Dallas North Tollway. I'll be taking I-35 instead. I do all I can to stay south of I-20.

Comment

I have examined my situation with the high property taxes. If I move to a low property tax state they hit you with the income tax. In my bracket there is less than a 1K difference between states. When I can I will choose a location with well paying jobs and low humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          If you have a decent job then you're considered rich...Heck if you hold a job and/or property you're rich in their eyes.

I know no one thinks they will stop raping us. But even thinking for one second the burden will be shifted fairly is dumb.

Laws and peoples mentality only go one way...and that's to helping the "poor"..

And I agree it is 100% wrong how the system is set up. But again it's to get money where they can get the most money... It will never change in our favor.

The only thing that has any chance to come out of this discussion is providing them with the chance to ADD a new tax under the lie of lowering another, which any sane person knows wouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            Which of the two evils soothes you better?
                            Both of them are a thorn in the side, but I’d go with state income. I think this is a situation that depends on individual circumstance, but I despise being taxed on something that I own.

We have a high state income tax, but our property tax is very low. It’s almost negligible (depending on where you are, of course).

I was working in TX right before we got married, and we considered living there for a while. While we would make more & take home more $ in Tx &, the COL is so much cheaper up here that it was a wash.

Either way, our tax situation is ridiculous in this country.

Comment

Property tax is the only tax where you have due process for appeal.

No other tax gives you that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                                Both of them are a thorn in the side, but I’d go with state income. I think this is a situation that depends on individual circumstance, but I despise being taxed on something that I own.

We have a high state income tax, but our property tax is very low. It’s almost negligible (depending on where you are, of course).

I was working in TX right before we got married, and we considered living there for a while. While we would make more & take home more $ in Tx &, the COL is so much cheaper up here that it was a wash.

Either way, our tax situation is ridiculous in this country.

Completely agree on all fronts. Like property taxes, I also own my income and its unfortunate that others pay state taxes on that. I'd rather have a consumption tax (given that no taxes is not likely lol).

Comment

Working...
                                X