Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #301
GA Bowhunter
Eight Point
 
GA Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Watkinsville, GA
Hunt In: Tree/blind/ground
Default

My opinion on Dak? He ain't the answer if your question is who is getting us another ring.
He would have made a great back up to Romo.
GA Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #302
Jcjohnson
Ten Point
 
Jcjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Evans, GA
Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton
Default

Dak is betting on himself to outplay a 30/m contract. Gotta love his confidence.but really 30!?? He had a long way to go last time I seen him play
Jcjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #303
12RingKing
Pope & Young
 
12RingKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Jackson
Hunt In: The Grocery Store...
Default

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ually.amp.html

Here’s the article I read.
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #304
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
One would think if these numbers are true they donít plan on resigning zeke. Which i donít care about zeke, but my goodness what on earth do they see in dak to justify this!? Jerry just wants to be right more than win... he wants to be like see told ya Garrett was the one (heís wasted a decade on the clapper)... see i told ya that late q.b draft pick i got was the one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Give me a legitimate option to replace Dak..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #305
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Oh absolutely, but i donít believe dak to be an above avg qb that has any leverage. I donít see anyone in the open market paying that so it would lead me to believe the cowboys are bidding against themselves.


This is where you are wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #306
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Give me a legitimate option to replace Dak..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So you pay DAK 30 mil for 5 years what do you see that the majority doesnít? Just cause at this very moment thereís not another option? Trade zeke for a first rounder then give yourself an opportunity to find one or go get a vet till then...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #307
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
This is where you are wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No this is where youre wrong...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #308
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
No this is where your wrong...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You havnt been paying attention..

If Dak has a year similar to the one he had last year, with a little bit of improvement, teams will be lined up to pay him $30 million plus. That is a fact.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #309
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
You havnt been paying attention..

If Dak has a year similar to the one he had last year, with a little bit of improvement, teams will be lined up to pay him $30 million plus. That is a fact.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Which teams? Certainly not a contender


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #310
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
So you pay DAK 30 mil for 5 years what do you see that the majority doesnít? Just cause at this very moment thereís not another option? Trade zeke for a first rounder then give yourself an opportunity to find one or go get a vet till then...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Trade Zeke for a first rounder? Are you dense? Youíd be lucky to get a 4th right now!

What available vet do you want to go get?

30 mil is gonna be cheap in 2 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #311
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Which teams? Certainly not a contender


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


He doesnít care if itís a contender!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #312
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Trade Zeke for a first rounder? Are you dense? Youíd be lucky to get a 4th right now!

What available vet do you want to go get?

30 mil is gonna be cheap in 2 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Dak has two years on a contract and thereís teams that would love to have him an sign long term. Thereís plenty of vets out there

Name a team that would sign dak to a 30 mil contract.... these are gonna be some dumpster fire organizations youíre about to list


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #313
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
He doesnít care if itís a contender!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Iím talking about from an organization stand point give a dam what dak wants... heís not a 30 mil qb avg QBs donít make 30 mil only elite QBs get that or dumpster orgs that are desperate for a signal caller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #314
bownut
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Palestine TX
Hunt In: Anderson and Mills county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
You havnt been paying attention..

If Dak has a year similar to the one he had last year, with a little bit of improvement, teams will be lined up to pay him $30 million plus. That is a fact.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^^^this
bownut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #315
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Thereís a possibility for Rosen, dalton, Carr, heck maybe even Goff, and Iím sure several more that may hit the market one way or the other. Not including what may come up in the draft you could try an get. All better options than paying dak 30mil cause Jacksonville, jets, Washington, and other teams of the like will pay it.... and thatís why they are where there are as an org. Being dense would be paying a mediocre q.b elite money cause in a few years itíll be ďcheapĒ hell in a few years dak maybe cut at this rate. So in the mean time letís pay dak,zeke,cooper 70mil per and play them all both ways


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #316
12RingKing
Pope & Young
 
12RingKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Jackson
Hunt In: The Grocery Store...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
You havnt been paying attention..

If Dak has a year similar to the one he had last year, with a little bit of improvement, teams will be lined up to pay him $30 million plus. That is a fact.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is true.... evidence is Kirk Cousins

Last edited by 12RingKing; 08-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #317
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
Thus us true.... evidence is Kirk Cousins


Perfect example letís take the redskins approach


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #318
12RingKing
Pope & Young
 
12RingKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Jackson
Hunt In: The Grocery Store...
Default

Btw... all y’all talking 30M a year are off.... Dak wants 35 a year. That’s expensive for an above average QB.
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #319
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
Btw... all yíall talking 30M a year are off.... Dak wants 35 a year. Thatís expensive for an above average QB.


Exactly he TURNED DOWN 30 mil!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #320
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Dak has two years on a contract and thereís teams that would love to have him an sign long term. Thereís plenty of vets out there

Name a team that would sign dak to a 30 mil contract.... these are gonna be some dumpster fire organizations youíre about to list


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


There are exactly zero vets out there who can play. Any who can will not see the market. Thatís exactly why QBs are being over payed, and running backs are not.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #321
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
There are exactly zero vets out there who can play. Any who can will not see the market. Thatís exactly why QBs are being over payed, and running backs are not.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


And dak can play? Weíre gonna gamble on an ďif he improvesĒ theyíre being overpayed by bad teams. Plain and simple daks not worth that, and if he gets his 35mil+ that contract along with his play will tank this team...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #322
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Thereís a possibility for Rosen, dalton, Carr, heck maybe even Goff, and Iím sure several more that may hit the market one way or the other. Not including what may come up in the draft you could try an get. All better options than paying dak 30mil cause Jacksonville, jets, Washington, and other teams of the like will pay it.... and thatís why they are where there are as an org. Being dense would be paying a mediocre q.b elite money cause in a few years itíll be ďcheapĒ hell in a few years dak maybe cut at this rate. So in the mean time letís pay dak,zeke,cooper 70mil per and play them all both ways


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Youíre just ****ing with us now. Your answer is Rosen, Dalton, and Carr?

I donít even know where to start...

Rosen hasnít shown ****, as soon as he does, he will get payed. And Dalton Suuuucks, Carr has one good year and won nothing.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #323
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
And dak can play? Weíre gonna gamble on an ďif he improvesĒ theyíre being overpayed by bad teams. Plain and simple daks not worth that, and if he gets his 35mil+ that contract along with his play will tank this team...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Where do you rank Dak right now? 1-32...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #324
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Youíre just ****ing with us now. Your answer is Rosen, Dalton, and Carr?

I donít even know where to start...

Rosen hasnít shown ****, as soon as he does, he will get payed. And Dalton Suuuucks, Carr has one good year and won nothing.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Lmao your acting like Iím comparing them to Aaron Rodgers Iím comparing them to the measuring stick of dak.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #325
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Where do you rank Dak right now? 1-32...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


On skills alone not the fact of the team he has around him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #326
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

I got him 20-21st if weíre going off sheer ceiling/talent (taking into consideration rookies/sophomores)

Wbu?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #327
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
On skills alone not the fact of the team he has around him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


On being a quarterback in the NFL.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #328
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....



I’d also pick mayfield, Stafford, Newton, darnold over dak any day... so there’s the stats he’s 17th at his best yup let’s pay him top 3 money

Heck I’d even put alex smith over him. So he’s in the bottom 1/3 of the league in being a q.b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by drop dead fred; 08-11-2019 at 09:02 PM.
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #329
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Dallas is screwed at QB they are stuck with Dak. They should have drafted/traded for someone prior to now to try and have someone in the pipe.

Need to dump Zeke and get another DE.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #330
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Oh, well hell, just go get Mayfield then! Theyíd probly be glad to deal the number 1 overall pick...He will get 40 in 2 or 3 years.

It doesnít matter where the contract would rank right now, it doesnít matter one bitÖ Itís the cost of replacing him.

It doesnít matter who you would take ahead of himÖ all that matters is what you can get your hands on to replace him, and what that would cost.

Your list says 17, Iíd go closer to 14, but whatever. A bunch of those guys are about to retire in the next 4 years, some will prove unworthy of those rankings, some new ones will move in and get PAYED!

In 3 years Dak will be a deal at 32 mil, thatís how the QBs market works.

Darnold, Dalton, Carr, and Smith...good lord..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #331
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Oh, well hell, just go get Mayfield then! Theyíd probly be glad to deal the number 1 overall pick...He will get 40 in 2 or 3 years.

It doesnít matter where the contract would rank right now, it doesnít matter one bitÖ Itís the cost of replacing him.

It doesnít matter who you would take ahead of himÖ all that matters is what you can get your hands on to replace him, and what that would cost.

Your list says 17, Iíd go closer to 14, but whatever. A bunch of those guys are about to retire in the next 4 years, some will prove unworthy of those rankings, some new ones will move in and get PAYED!

In 3 years Dak will be a deal at 32 mil, thatís how the QBs market works.

Darnold, Dalton, Carr, and Smith...good lord..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Lmao dude facts say heís 17th in the league and thereís several below him that gms would take before him. good lord you act like heís Tom Brady scoffing about comparing him to darnold Carr smith etc.... hell in 3 years he may be cut! Youíre talking just as many what ifs etc etc atleast my option doesnít marry us to a bottom of the barrel qb for the foreseeable future after our line has aged tremendously, but hey go right ahead there snyder give him the moon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #332
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Newton May come available, heíll want 34 or more at what 30 years old?

E


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #333
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Newton May come available, heíll want 34 or more at what 30 years old?

E


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


If i had to gamble 30 mil Iíd rather gamble on newton for 3-4 years than dak thatís just me though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #334
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Your FACTS say Rodgers is 16th...

Of the 16 ahead of him, 11 are going to retire where they are, or get a lot more than 30 mil where they are. Watch.

Several guys below him will get over 30, some will get a lot more.

At 17th, the market bears that he will get 30+, doesnít matter what I think or you think. They have no option to better him without overpaying an old guy, or tanking into the low first round. Oh yeah, donít forget that age..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #335
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Your FACTS say Rodgers is 16th...

Of the 16 ahead of him, 11 are going to retire where they are, or get a lot more than 30 mil where they are. Watch.

Several guys below him will get over 30, some will get a lot more.

At 17th, the market bears that he will get 30+, doesnít matter what I think or you think. They have no option to better him without overpaying an old guy, or tanking into the low first round. Oh yeah, donít forget that age..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I can name 16-20 guys better than him for the next 2-3 seasons... thatís an eternity in nfl


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #336
12RingKing
Pope & Young
 
12RingKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Jackson
Hunt In: The Grocery Store...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Where do you rank Dak right now? 1-32...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From 15-18
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #337
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

So we all agree heís avg at best... if elite will be 40 mil daks worth 35?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #338
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
I can name 16-20 guys better than him for the next 2-3 seasons... thatís an eternity in nfl


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


And maybe 4 will be available in the next 3 years and theyíll get 34+ by then.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #339
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
And maybe 4 will be available in the next 3 years and theyíll get 34+ by then.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ya and 12 May come available in the draft so

Facts state heís an avg to below avg qb...

Heís replaceable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #340
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
So we all agree heís avg at best... if elite will be 40 mil daks worth 35?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I ainít sayin Iíd go 35 right now, but top 13-15 is gonna get that within 3 years. The QBs market is weird man..32 jobs and about 20 dudes worthy. Worse guys than him are gonna get more than him in the next year.



Oh ****, I just realized Dak played at Miss St...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:42 PM   #341
Jcjohnson
Ten Point
 
Jcjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Evans, GA
Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton
Default

Good thing is, he’s there. has a year to prove What he’s worth to the cowboys. Gonna be interesting. All eyes will be on him with the run support he will have without zeke... if he shows up.
Jcjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #342
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I ainít sayin Iíd go 35 right now, but top 13-15 is gonna get that within 3 years. The QBs market is weird man..32 jobs and about 20 dudes worthy. Worse guys than him are gonna get more than him in the next year.



Oh ****, I just realized Dak played at Miss St...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I totally understand your point market is what market is.... if it was me i wouldnt be talking anything money wise till after this season. Iím just stating what Iíd do i know what dak is id gamble on finding someone that can keep the ship afloat till i found a long term guy that Iíd be willin to justify that money to.

Lmao that game holds very little weight in my judgement .... ďvery littleĒ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #343
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Ya and 12 May come available in the draft so

Facts state heís an avg to below avg qb...

Heís replaceable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


12 in the next three years? Thatís a reeeaaach! But say they do...6 will be taken top 15, one or two others would have to be flyers. You wanna finish bottom 15 or hope to get lucky? Maybe overpay in the draft to move up?

I understand your points, and I may overate him some. But you have to stop ignoring the nature of the quarterback market, especially guys who can take you to the playoffs, are under 25, and who you can actually get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #344
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Which first rounder did Miami trade for from Arizona? Word is he canít beat Fitzy out for the starting job...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #345
quackerback
Pope & Young
 
quackerback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: alma,tx
Hunt In: down the road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Perfect example letís take the redskins approach


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are taking the redskins approach. They let cousins go. And signed an aging vet
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #346
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
12 in the next three years? Thatís a reeeaaach! But say they do...6 will be taken top 15, one or two others would have to be flyers. You wanna finish bottom 15 or hope to get lucky? Maybe overpay in the draft to move up?

I understand your points, and I may overate him some. But you have to stop ignoring the nature of the quarterback market, especially guys who can take you to the playoffs, are under 25, and who you can actually get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My theory of vet sign is a small window till you can draft a guy... cowboys could be in that 15-20 range in the next two years or close enough to make a move without giving the farm. I totally understand the market, and all Iím saying is Iíd rather gamble on getting another cheaper vet qb till i found another one equal/better in the draft on a rookie contract or via free agency. Weíre seeing more an more QBs playing Into their late 30s and beyond. If dak was an above avg qb flirting with solid then Iíd say it prolly is what it is, and say itís just the way it is....... butttttt heís not so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #347
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
You are taking the redskins approach. They let cousins go. And signed an aging vet


4 years 94 mill is not the contract Iím talking about

Iím talking 2 years 40 mill (20 mill per) opposed to 35 mill per for the same player....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 10:11 PM   #348
quackerback
Pope & Young
 
quackerback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: alma,tx
Hunt In: down the road
Default

I am not a Dak fan but I will give him a chance being away from Scott Linehan.
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #349
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Which first rounder did Miami trade for from Arizona? Word is he canít beat Fitzy out for the starting job...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Josh Rosen.....the spoiled brat prima-donna from UCLA
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #350
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
My theory of vet sign is a small window till you can draft a guy... cowboys could be in that 15-20 range in the next two years or close enough to make a move without giving the farm. I totally understand the market, and all I’m saying is I’d rather gamble on getting another cheaper vet qb till i found another one equal/better in the draft on a rookie contract or via free agency. We’re seeing more an more QBs playing Into their late 30s and beyond. If dak was an above avg qb flirting with solid then I’d say it prolly is what it is, and say it’s just the way it is....... butttttt he’s not so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Jerry doesn't have time to play games or chances. He wants another SB before he kicks off. I'm afraid he going to go all in on Dak because he may not have 3-5 years to groom another one.

Last edited by Smart; 08-11-2019 at 10:25 PM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com