• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leafy suit ?

I have always hunted in a leafy suit
    The one I have is starting to fade
    It was a Cabela brand from about 12 years ago
    Long story short I am looking at getting a new one but am not liking the ones I’m seeing
    Don’t like sparse leaf cover or the ones that look like stripes of leaves
    There has to be a good one out there somewhere
    Please let me know if you’ve found a good one
    Thanks again
    Your friend “D”

Anybody ?

Comment

I have a couple of them, the only one I really use is the Shannon Bug Tamer Suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What size, have one I don't use anymore.

Forget it, just found it and it has the stripes of leaves
        Last edited by Bassdeer; 10-17-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
          I have always hunted in a leafy suit
          The one I have is starting to fade
          It was a Cabela brand from about 12 years ago
          Long story short I am looking at getting a new one but am not liking the ones I’m seeing
          Don’t like sparse leaf cover or the ones that look like stripes of leaves
          There has to be a good one out there somewhere
          Please let me know if you’ve found a good one
          Thanks again
          Your friend “D”
          That's a great question.. I've had mine for 15+ years and it was a "UnderBrush" brand.. I couldn't find it a few weeks ago and freaked out... I found it after a feverish search.
          I can't find any like the one I have. I can't imagine why there is not a market for these. "Underbrush" must have went out of business..

Comment

Redhead version from bps stink!

Comment

Spray paint that bad boy and keep wearing it. I bought a leafy suit off of ebay for like $40. Dont know the brand, but definetely chinese lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
                Spray paint that bad boy and keep wearing it. I bought a leafy suit off of ebay for like $40. Dont know the brand, but definetely chinese lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                I’ve thought about using fabric dye to darken it again

Comment

Dye it

Comment

I need one that looks like Mesquite leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Dye it
                      Yep, fixing to do mine, as its faded out as well.

Comment

My son and I were shopping at Academys last year after the hunting season ended. This lady kept looking at me, and I finally caught her eye and gave her the "what's up" look. She said she thought I was about her husband's size, and was wondering if she should buy him something off the clearance rack. We walked over to the clearance rack and she was looking at leafy suits that were marked down - I think less than $20.00/ each. We all bought one, but there wasn't much to choose from size-wise. I think mine was a 2XL size (I'm a Medium to Large size), but it works well so far. BTW, it was a Game Winner brand.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

ASAT leafy suit is what I've always worn

Comment

Yea I would just spray paint the one you have. Dye will not work overly well unless you want it all one color. You will likely have to heat the water to get the synthetic to take dye. I don't know what the reason is you dont want one with strips but the ASAT suit is strips and will turn you into a ghost. I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                              My son and I were shopping at Academys last year after the hunting season ended. This lady kept looking at me, and I finally caught her eye and gave her the "what's up" look. She said she thought I was about her husband's size, and was wondering if she should buy him something off the clearance rack. We walked over to the clearance rack and she was looking at leafy suits that were marked down - I think less than $20.00/ each. We all bought one, but there wasn't much to choose from size-wise. I think mine was a 2XL size (I'm a Medium to Large size), but it works well so far. BTW, it was a Game Winner brand.

Regards,

Dave
                              I also bought one of these last year and so far I have been pleased. I would recommend this suite from Academy. Like others have said you can modify it to fit your needs. Good luck D!

Comment

Working...
                              X