Honeymoon help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
    I've been to Punta Cana. And I've been to Costa Rica.

I'll probably never go back to the Dominican. And me and the wife are dying to go back to Costa Rica. So much more to see. They have more rain forest and volcanoes. Bill fishing is excellent compared to the Atlantic. We caught several sailfish, tons of Dorado, and plenty of bonito. Whole boat to ourselves for $700. Zip lining through the rain forest is awesome. Much better than from pole-to-pole.

I would look into the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Flights are cheap now on Southwest. We flew into Liberia. Stayed at the RIU Palace Guanacaste. And would do it again.

The Dominican wasn't bad. Don't get me wrong. Fishing is to be desired. Felt much more touristy.

I will say this... snorkeling will be better in the Atlantic/Gulf. Warmer water. Scuba diving is fine either place.

I just enjoyed the jungle and rain forest better in Costa Rica. And we want to go back and do the overnight volcano excursion. Supposed to be awesome, can see the glow reflecting off of the lakes below.

View from the room

Looking back at the resorts from the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ll look into that. I stayed in a RIU in Cabo several years ago and was impressed with the resort. How long was your fishing trip. Y’all really got into some fish!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      I’ll look into that. I stayed in a RIU in Cabo several years ago and was impressed with the resort. How long was your fishing trip. Y’all really got into some fish!

It was a 1-day trip. 6-8 hours. They picked us up in the boat, on the beach of our resort. Made it very easy and convenient.

We went for a week. Last few days of May and first few days of June. To give you an idea. Very hot. Bring plenty of sunscreen. Water is very cold.

We also had/saw bioluminescent plankton in the water along the beach at night which was awesome. Lights up with any turbulence in the water. So when we would swim around, it would glow all around us. Pretty cool.

Comment

Are you set on these places? Couples Swept Away in Jamaica is awesome!

Comment

If you go to Punta Cana, I stayed at the Riu. Room service was nachos we get at the corner store. Buccees has better food than their room service.

Comment

I've been to Acapulco, Belize, Turks and Caicos, Playa Del Carmen, St Lucia, and Cabo. If you are an all inclusive lover than look no further than Playa Del Carmen or Cabo. St Lucia was probably the worse vacation spot ever for me and what I like do which is have freedom to take off on foot and just be adventurous. With all that said I would go Belize or Turks. Turks has more beach and beautiful water with American luxuries nearby. Belize is my favorite though just cool cool atmosphere and lights out fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
              I've been to Acapulco, Belize, Turks and Caicos, Playa Del Carmen, St Lucia, and Cabo. If you are an all inclusive lover than look no further than Playa Del Carmen or Cabo. St Lucia was probably the worse vacation spot ever for me and what I like do which is have freedom to take off on foot and just be adventurous. With all that said I would go Belize or Turks. Turks has more beach and beautiful water with American luxuries nearby. Belize is my favorite though just cool cool atmosphere and lights out fishing!
              Belize was also on the list. Seems a bit more remote as far as no all inclusive. We would love to go and fish and not worry about anything as far as amenities but being it’s a honeymoon, I have to give and take. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                It was a 1-day trip. 6-8 hours. They picked us up in the boat, on the beach of our resort. Made it very easy and convenient.

We went for a week. Last few days of May and first few days of June. To give you an idea. Very hot. Bring plenty of sunscreen. Water is very cold.

We also had/saw bioluminescent plankton in the water along the beach at night which was awesome. Lights up with any turbulence in the water. So when we would swim around, it would glow all around us. Pretty cool.

Do you remember who you booked with for fishing and are you able to take any catch back to the resort?

Comment

Wait, What?

For a second there I read the thread title and thought, "Well I guess if y'all swing that way..."

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    For a second there I read the thread title and thought, "Well I guess if y'all swing that way..."
                    Big nope there buddy! She can’t handle what she gets from me.

The Bullchit that is! 😂

Comment

Belize was also on the list. Seems a bit more remote as far as no all inclusive. We would love to go and fish and not worry about anything as far as amenities but being it’s a honeymoon, I have to give and take. Lol
                      Haha Yeah don't get a divorce over your first trip together.

Comment

We went to the Dominican on our Honeymoon and wasn’t impressed. Had to go back 6 months later for a wedding, stayed at a different place and had a decent time but don’t care to ever go back.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
                          This is a good point that was left out of my St. Lucia post. There was nothing within walking distance. I didn't stay in the 'resort town' side of the island, though.

Comment

Do you remember who you booked with for fishing and are you able to take any catch back to the resort?

I believe we used Papagayo Fishing

Papagayo Sport fishing in Guanacaste Costa Rica. Offshore fishing boats for full day; Marlin, sailfish, yellowfin tuna. Inshore fishing for Roosterfish, bottom fish, jig for Cubera. We do Fishing combined with beach BBQ. Contact us now.

You look at their fleet online and pick which boat you want. You won't be going out of sight of the beach. So you don't need the $2000 luxury boat. We got the $750 boat for just us (you can split it with strangers if you want). And we loved that it was just use for every major hookup. They served lunch, snacks and beer/water for that price.

We could keep whatever we wanted and Riu cooked it up for us too. We elected to only keep 1 good sized Mahi for that. No great way to keep fish in the cooler or bring it back to the states. So we just ate that fish, that night. The deck hands and captain will ask you what you want to keep. And they'll keep the rest for themselves usually. Which is fine. You can't keep any sailfish or marlin. All catch and release. So if you want a replica mount, take good pictures and measurements.

Google "Costa Rica fishing Guanacaste" and you'll see all your choices for charters. They'll usually list which hotels they can pick you up from. And you'll notice several different websites all have the same boats..

We had a great time. Even got video of my wife catching reeling in her sailfish and it jumping a few times. Very cool.

Bring tons of your own sunscreen. I cannot stress this enough. If you forget it.. it's very expensive to purchase there. Like $50 for a 8oz tube.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                              I stayed in the Ladera resort on St. Lucia for my 'weddingmoon.' It's a drive from the south of the island but - it's all inclusive and it's beautiful. Climb Gros Piton, zip line, hiking, sport fishing (other side of the island) and some other stuff. Private beach within a free taxi ride. Great restaurants pretty close. We really want to go back.
                              This will be me and my wife's 4th year going here. I couldn't tell you much on things to do never left the room has its own pool and a Butler . Felt weird about having a Butler bring you everything but after about a hour I got over it

Comment

We stayed at the Sandals in Antigua for our honeymoon and it was amazing. I’d go back in a heartbeat. We looked at St Lucia and friends have said it’s great and a lot of outdoor stuff to do. We ended up going to Antigua because we just wanted to sit on the beach and relax

Comment

Working...
                                X