Short brim trad cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short brim trad cap?

I can't shoot my bows with a standard bill cap. Does anyone have a source for a short billed cap that works with their trad bow? I was hoping Bob Sarrels would have some made but haven't heard about any. I forgot the other evening when I drew on a hog. Had to let down, take my hat off and then shoot. Thanks.

Big Jim sells them for 10 bucks I think. I love mine

Comment

Comment

Go kill something at Big Oak Bowhunting, and Buff will give you a real nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          Big Jim sells them for 10 bucks I think. I love mine
          That will do it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            Go kill something at Big Oak Bowhunting, and Buff will give you a real nice one!
            I would sure be willing to send Buff some money for one.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              I would sure be willing to send Buff some money for one.
              Send him a PM, I'm sure he'll get you fixed up.
              I really like the trad caps he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                Dangit you beat me to it!

Comment

Some of the military surplus stock

Comment

I use boonies for hunting. I have some with snaps that I put in the brim and crown to snap the brim up out of the way and I have one that I cut a slot in for the string. I find it very distracting when the string contacts the brim.

Comment

Got the hat. Still don't work for me with a trad bow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

You may want to look at the ones from Traditional Bowhunter. Go to www.tradbow.com. They have both regular billed ones and short billed ones. I think they are on now for $7.00. They are good quality caps, assorted colors and have camo. I am not thrilled about their camp pattern but I have never been a slave to fashion anyway!

Comment

I am not sure I will be able to shoot with any hat on but wanted to try a short bill and see. My anchor point is higher than when I shot a compound. I am just so used to wearing a cap when I hunt that I forget until I go to shoot.

Comment

I highly recommend getting the flex billed ones (like the one Buff uses for Big Oak hats) vs the hard billed version. I own a hard bill version with the same dimensions and the bill is still too long. I have to put a dent in the soft billed one so the string doesn't touch.

I have considered cutting out a notch on the fixed billed hat and gluing off the edges because that other hat fits so comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              I highly recommend getting the flex billed ones (like the one Buff uses for Big Oak hats) vs the hard billed version. I own a hard bill version with the same dimensions and the bill is still too long. I have to put a dent in the soft billed one so the string doesn't touch.

I have considered cutting out a notch on the fixed billed hat and gluing off the edges because that other hat fits so comfortably.
                              Sent Buff a PM. Hopefully he can hook me up and I can put this hat dilemma to rest. Thanks for the replies. I knew someone had to have figured this out.

Comment

Working...
                              X