X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Monday)

Daily Bible Portion - 2 of 7
    "YOU ARE STANDING"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 29:10-30:20, Isaiah 61:10-63:9, 1 John 5:1-21, Romans 9:30-10:13, Hebrews 12:14-15)

The Sabbath and the Seed - Hearing from Heaven

Yahweh’s voice is heard on the weekly Sabbath and when we enter into His Priestly High Holy Feast Days, as they are also called Sabbaths. The sign of the Sabbath is the Mosaic Covenant. The Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between Yahweh and His people. The Sabbath is a wedding invitation to the Bride and it is the brides wedding ring.

John 10:1-5 Yeshua said, “Most assuredly, I say to you [believer], he who does not enter the sheepfold [tabernacle] by the door [Mosaic Covenant] but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. (Note: door/gate/covenant are all synonymous). But he who enters by the door [Mosaic Covenant] is the shepherd of the sheep. To him [the shepherd of the sheep] the doorkeeper [Yahweh] opens [and enters the priesthood of Yeshua, the Davidic Covenant], and the sheep hear his voice [hears the shepherd/priest’s voice who walks in Yeshua’s marriage principles given at Mount Sinai]; and he calls his own sheep [Bride/disciples/talmudim – those who mirror Yeshua’s walk] by name [Israel] and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he [the shepherd of Yeshua’s sheep] goes before them; and the sheep follow him [the shepherd – those who keep Yeshua’s Heavenly principles for their marriage together – taught in the Mosaic Covenant called the Gospel], for they [the sheep/believers walking in Mosaic Covenant] know his voice [as they have taught/studied Yeshua voice – called the Song of Moses which will be sung at their wedding]. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger [one who does not teach Moses], but will flee from him [false shepherd], for they [Yeshua’s sheep/Bride] do not know the voice of strangers[false shepherds]” (Ezekiel 34:2-6; 2 Corinthians 11:13-18).

The Sabbath is made for Yeshua’s Promised Seed. Believers who enter into the Abrahamic Covenant become that Promised Seed of Yeshua. In this Covenant, the Seed is planted and germinates or comes alive with the infusion of His Spirit Life within. As His Seed, it is here Yeshua’s image and characteristics are imparted (Galatians 3:8).

After the Seed germinates it begins to root by entering into the rich soil of the Sabbath, to be watered by the nourishing Word of the Mosaic Covenant. Without the Sabbath, the Seed/Believer will not develop and all the potential hidden within the Seed will stay dormant. Therefore it is critical for believers to enter into the Shabbat within the guidelines of the Gospel, the Mosaic Covenant, as both witness together in Yahweh, allowing Him to grow His promises deeply within our spirits. From Yahweh’s perspective, as revealed in Scripture, we are not found in Yeshua if we are not found in the Sabbath, as He is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5; Galatians 3:29).

Once the root develops, the Seed/Bride begins to mature and sprout, transforming into the image Yahweh created it to be. This is referred to as the Davidic Covenant. The sign of the Davidic Covenant is the Temple. In this Covenant the Promised Seed/Believer/Bride enters into Yeshua’s priesthood. In the Abrahamic Covenant believers are given the potential for the priesthood. The Mosaic Covenant then teaches a believer how to walk in the priesthood. Only in the Davidic Covenant is a priest allowed to perform the priestly duties. These duties include performing Yahweh’s Kingdom principles on earth in His power and authority, being responsible for serving in His Temple (Holy of Holies and Most Holy Place) and overall care of the Temple/tabernacle furnishings. These duties are only found in the Davidic Covenant. Without a temple there is no Bridal Chamber and if the Seed/Believer does not enter the Mosaic Wedding Covenant there is no Bride/Priest. For this reason, as believers in Yeshua[Jesus], we must make every effort to enter His Sabbath Rest – the Davidic Covenant - the goal of our faith.

Psalm 89:3-4, 35-37 “I have made a covenant with My chosen [promised seed], I have sworn to My servant David: Your seed I will establish forever, and build up your throne to all generations. Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David: His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me; It shall be established forever like the moon, even like the faithful witness in the sky”

Psalm 89:27-29 “Also I will make him [those who return to My ways/Gospel] My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for him forever, and My covenant shall stand firm with him. His seed also I will make to endure forever, and his throne as the days of heaven.”

Isaiah 61:1-3 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD/Yahweh Elohim is upon Me, because Yahweh has anointed Me to preach good tidings [the Gospel] to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of Yahweh, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Yahweh, that He may be glorified.”

Galatians 3:29 “And if you are Christ’s/Messiah’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise/Covenant.”

1 Peter 1:9-16 “receiving the end [goal] of your faith - the salvation of your souls. Of this salvation the prophets [in the Old Testament/Tanakh] have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ/Yeshua who was in them [the prophets] was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ/Yeshua and the glories that would follow. To them [the prophets] it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us [believers following the Gospel of righteousness] they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you [believers] through those who have preached the Gospel [Yahweh’s teaching and instruction, The Wedding Covenant, given to Moses at Mount Sinai] to you [believers] by the Holy Spirit/Ruach Ha Kodesh sent from heaven - things which angels desire to look into. Therefore [believers] gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach; as obedient children [Bride], not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you [Bride] also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

Matthew 22:2-14 “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son [Yeshua], and sent out his servants [the prophets] to call those who were invited to the wedding [Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement]; and they [believers] were not willing to come [to the King’s Feast]. Again, he [the King] sent out other servants [prophets], saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, see, I have prepared my dinner [My Feast]; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed [an offering has been made and was accepted on their behalf], and all things are ready [finished / complete]. Come to the wedding [Yom Kippur].’ But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business [they did not acknowledge the King’s Feast Days]. And the rest seized his servants [prophets], treated them spitefully, and killed them. But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies [Revelation19:17], destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready [an eternal set time has come], but those [believers] who were invited [to Yom Kippur]were not worthy. Therefore go into the highways [out to the wilderness as John the Baptist did], and as many as you find, invite to the wedding [Yom Kippur].’ So those servants [prophets – those who teach and instruct the Gospel of the Kingdom of Yahweh] went out into the highways [wilderness] and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.”

“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment [white linen priestly garment]. So he said to him, ‘Friend [Believer], how did you come in here [the Holy of Holies, the Bridal Chamber] without a wedding garment [without the priestly garment]?’ And he [the believer] was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many [believers] are called, but few are chosen [but few choose].’” (Ezekiel 44:23-24).

John 10:1-9 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door [Abrahamic, Mosaic and Davidic Covenants], but climbs up some other way [false Gospel/false covenant/false feast days], the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door [Davidic Covenant] is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out [of the wilderness]. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” Yeshua used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them. Then Yeshua said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 5:46-47).

continues tomorrow...

Understanding covenant (berit) is key to understanding the Old Testament. Also hesed.

A few great quotable teachings of Hebrew Scholars

" the heart of the discussion may be described as "law as a source of salvation" versus "law as valuable for instruction." Christ has done what the law could not do. Consequently Christians do not seek salvation through the observance of the law. However, with Christ as the fulfillment of the law and its correct interpreter, OT law can become a source of inspiration and a resource for wisdom.

The new covenant through Christ, NOT the Decalogue, occupies the center of the Christian community.

Comment

Matthew 19:16-17 NLV A man came to Jesus and asked, 'Good Teacher, what good work must I do to have life that lasts forever?' Jesus said to him, 'Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One Who is good. If you want to have life that lasts forever, you must obey the Laws.'

Matthew 19:16-17 NKJV Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?" So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Revelation 22:14 NKJV Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Jeremiah 31:31-33 NKJV "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Hebrews 8:8-10 NKJV Because finding fault with them[Not the Covenant], He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Isaiah 2:2-3 NKJV Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the LORD's house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And all nations shall flow to it. Many people shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Micah 4:1-2 NKJV "The LORD's Reign in Zion"

Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the LORD's house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And peoples shall flow to it. (2) Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
        Understanding covenant (berit) is key to understanding the Old Testament. Also hesed.

A few great quotable teachings of Hebrew Scholars

" the heart of the discussion may be described as "law as a source of salvation" versus "law as valuable for instruction." Christ has done what the law could not do. Consequently Christians do not seek salvation through the observance of the law. However, with Christ as the fulfillment of the law and its correct interpreter, OT law can become a source of inspiration and a resource for wisdom.

The new covenant through Christ, NOT the Decalogue, occupies the center of the Christian community.

Comment

Where is the rest of the exchange that Christ has with the rich young ruler in Matthew 19?

You take Scripture out of context and twist it.

What was the questions Jesus asked the "keeper of the law"?

How do you explain John 5 and Jesus healing on the Sabbath and then instructing a person to "do work" on the sabbath according to the Law?

In attempting to teach adherence to the Law you are setting yourself up for a very strict judgement. Please brother, as a student of the Hebrew culture and one that wishes to live righteously, evaluate these teachings you are posting.

They do not contain the Gospel of Christ but a perversion that the Church has railed against since its beginning.

Comment

I've grown tired of banging my head against this wall

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I've grown tired of banging my head against this wall
              I can understand that.

Sometimes the Spirt just prompts me...to see the Word taught in a non edifying and false manner hurts my soul.

Praying for a discerning spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                Where is the rest of the exchange that Christ has with the rich young ruler in Matthew 19?

You take Scripture out of context and twist it.

What was the questions Jesus asked the "keeper of the law"?

How do you explain John 5 and Jesus healing on the Sabbath and then instructing a person to "do work" on the sabbath according to the Law?

In attempting to teach adherence to the Law you are setting yourself up for a very strict judgement. Please brother, as a student of the Hebrew culture and one that wishes to live righteously, evaluate these teachings you are posting.

They do not contain the Gospel of Christ but a perversion that the Church has railed against since its beginning.

Ezekiel 33:1-20 The Words Of The Watchman

Word of the Lord came to me saying, (2) 'Son of man, speak to the children of your people. Say to them, 'If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men to keep watch for them, (3) and he sees the sword coming upon the land and sounds the horn to tell the people of the danger, (4) then if anyone hears the horn and does not take care, and a sword comes and kills him, he will be to blame for his own death. (5) He heard the sound of the horn, but did not worry about the danger. He will be to blame for his own death. If he had been careful, he would have saved his life. (6) But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the horn, and the people are not told of the danger, and a sword comes and kills one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin. But the blood of the watchman must be given.' (7) 'Son of man, I have chosen you as a watchman for the people of Israel. So when I give you the word, you must tell them of the danger. (8) When I tell a sinful man that he will die for sure, and you do not speak to him about the danger of his way, that sinful man will die in his sin. But your blood must be given. (9) But if you tell a sinful man to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his sin. But you have saved your life. (10) 'Son of man, say to the people of Israel, 'You have said, 'Our sins are upon us, and we are wasting away in them. How then can we live?'' (11) Say to them, 'As I live,' says the Lord God, 'I am not pleased when sinful people die. But I am pleased when the sinful turn from their way and live. Turn! Turn from your sinful ways! Why will you die, O people of Israel?' (12) Now, son of man, tell the children of your people, 'If a man does what is right and good, it will not save him when he sins.' And the sins of a sinful man will not make him fall when he turns from his sinful way. But the man who is right and good will not be able to live by his good ways when he sins. (13) When I tell the man who is right and good that he will live, and he trusts in his good ways so much that he sins, none of his good works will be remembered. He will die for the sin he has done. (14) But when I tell the sinful man that he will die, and he turns from his sin and does what is right and good, (15) if he gives back what a person gave him as trust for a promise, pays back what he had stolen, follows the Laws that give life and does not sin, he will live for sure. He will not die. (16) None of the sins he has done will be remembered against him. He has done what is right and good, and he will live for sure. (17) 'Yet the children of your people say, 'The way of the Lord is not right.' But it is their way that is not right. (18) When the right and good man turns from his good way and sins, he will die for it. (19) But when the sinful man turns from his sin and does what is right and good, he will live because of it. (20) Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not right.' O people of Israel, I will judge each of you by his ways.'

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                  Ezekiel 33:1-20 The Words Of The Watchman

Word of the Lord came to me saying, (2) 'Son of man, speak to the children of your people. Say to them, 'If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men to keep watch for them, (3) and he sees the sword coming upon the land and sounds the horn to tell the people of the danger, (4) then if anyone hears the horn and does not take care, and a sword comes and kills him, he will be to blame for his own death. (5) He heard the sound of the horn, but did not worry about the danger. He will be to blame for his own death. If he had been careful, he would have saved his life. (6) But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the horn, and the people are not told of the danger, and a sword comes and kills one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin. But the blood of the watchman must be given.' (7) 'Son of man, I have chosen you as a watchman for the people of Israel. So when I give you the word, you must tell them of the danger. (8) When I tell a sinful man that he will die for sure, and you do not speak to him about the danger of his way, that sinful man will die in his sin. But your blood must be given. (9) But if you tell a sinful man to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his sin. But you have saved your life. (10) 'Son of man, say to the people of Israel, 'You have said, 'Our sins are upon us, and we are wasting away in them. How then can we live?'' (11) Say to them, 'As I live,' says the Lord God, 'I am not pleased when sinful people die. But I am pleased when the sinful turn from their way and live. Turn! Turn from your sinful ways! Why will you die, O people of Israel?' (12) Now, son of man, tell the children of your people, 'If a man does what is right and good, it will not save him when he sins.' And the sins of a sinful man will not make him fall when he turns from his sinful way. But the man who is right and good will not be able to live by his good ways when he sins. (13) When I tell the man who is right and good that he will live, and he trusts in his good ways so much that he sins, none of his good works will be remembered. He will die for the sin he has done. (14) But when I tell the sinful man that he will die, and he turns from his sin and does what is right and good, (15) if he gives back what a person gave him as trust for a promise, pays back what he had stolen, follows the Laws that give life and does not sin, he will live for sure. He will not die. (16) None of the sins he has done will be remembered against him. He has done what is right and good, and he will live for sure. (17) 'Yet the children of your people say, 'The way of the Lord is not right.' But it is their way that is not right. (18) When the right and good man turns from his good way and sins, he will die for it. (19) But when the sinful man turns from his sin and does what is right and good, he will live because of it. (20) Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not right.' O people of Israel, I will judge each of you by his ways.'
                  Weird... that didn't answer his questions at all....

Comment

Brother Brandon,

For your review additional verses about keeping the laws/commandments in order that we may enter into the Kingdom.

Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Matthew 13:36-42 NKJV Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field." He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

My brother you are in need of milk again. One cannot put new wine in an old wine skin. You need to move beyond the cross and become that new creature. By teaching others to sin you have become a stumbling block to them and scripture above clearly says that all those who offend will be removed! These are not my words but His!

Sin is defined by scripture as lawlessness which is breaking the law. Again not my definition but scripture. Jesus did not break the Torah/Law by healing or instructing a man to pick up his cot on the Sabbath. He restored this man on the Sabbath! What he did was expose the traditions of the Pharisees their "oral". "Talmudic" laws which they were teaching man to observe. Do you know any religious leaders today who teach their own doctrine instead of the Words of our Heavenly Father? Brother you call yourself a pastor and yet you do not understand these things?

Matthew 15:1-13 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat." He answered them, "And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.' But you say, 'If anyone tells his father or his mother, "What you would have gained from me is given to God," he need not honor his father.' So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: "'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'" And he called the people to him and said to them, "Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person." Then the disciples came and said to him, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?" He answered, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up.

The parable is this... the "Seed" is the Word of God[Luke 8:11]. When man sows words contrary to the word of God they become tares. These seeds which are words or teachings grow into tares producing fruit according to their own kind. The Devil since the beginning in the "garden" has always "sown" words, instructions contrary to God in order to snare Adam who's name means "mankind". John 1:1,14 identifies Jesus as the "The Word of God". One who replaces Gods words with their own becomes literal anti-Christ. Now take for example how I have instructed according to scripture that the Sabbath be observed on the seventh day. To walk as God walked, who Himself rested on the Seventh day in the beginning. Yet you oppose God's words and teach the traditions of your elders. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?

Your will is to destroy the ways of Yahweh, the ways in which Jesus the Christ walked. You accuse Him of sin by breaking the Shabbat yet you foolish man attempt to define the Shabbat according to your own traditions. Blind leading blind. Because of the hardness of your unrepentant heart you are treasuring up a store of wrath against the day of wrath and against the revelation of the righteous judgment of Yahweh. He will give to each according to his works. Everlasting life truly to those with patience in good works seeking glory and honor and immortality but to the ones who are stubborn and do not obey the truth but obey lawlessness, He will render anger and wrath. Those who hear the Torah are not righteous with Yahweh, but the doers of the Torah shall be justified.

The question was answered to those who have ears let them hear....

Comment

The doers of the Law are justified?

Then what is the purpose if the Cross?

The yoke is burdensome and blinding. You are twisting the words if the Lord.

Continued prayers for your discernment and deliverance.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                        The question was answered to those who have ears let them hear....
                        No, no you didn't.

To put it in every day terms, he asked what color screen is texasbowhunter.com, to which you answered...

Some LEDs are tinted but that's only to make it easy to see what colour they are when unpowered. For the tint to act as a filter, this would require white light to be emitted, which requires a lot of energy since white light is made up of a mixture of every wavelength in the visible spectrum. It's only recently (since around 2005 I think) that we've been able to make blue LEDs, since blue light is high energy, it's easier to produce light of lower energy (greater wavelength) which is why if you look at old products that contain LEDs they are always red, which is the lowest energy light in the visible spectrum. Later we got green LEDs and that's when you started seeing LEDs that could emit red/orange/yellow/green light, this works by having two LEDs in the same package, one red, one green, and varying the intensity of each to replicate different colours. The same trick is used to replicate white light (and hence any colour) by adding a blue LED to the package.

So why did we have to wait so long to get red green and blue LEDs? Well, this comes down to way LEDs produce light. Unlike an incandescent bulb (those near-extinct bulbs with the thin curly wire filament between two prongs), which emits more and more of the EM (electromagnetic) spectrum as it heats up, LEDs only emit a specific wavelength of light, which is much more cost-effective and produces far less wasted light in wavelengths we can't even see.

The wavelength of light emitted by an LED depends on (stay with me here) the chemical composition of its doped semiconductor layers.

What is a semiconductor? (skip this paragraph if you already know) A semiconductor is a material that, as the name suggests, lies somewhere between a conductor and an insulator, in terms of electrical conductivity. But how can something "sort of" conduct electricity? To understand this we need to understand why some materials conduct electricity at all while others don't. The conduction of electricity is essentially the free movement of electrons; for an electron to move to another atom it requires a certain amount of energy (see Fermi level). In metals, electrons are already sat around this energy level so it's easy for them to leave their atom. In electrical insulators, electrons sit at energy levels far below the required energy, making the jump up to the conduction band would take an enormous amount of energy. So you've probably guessed that for semi-conductors the gap is much smaller, it wont conduct electricity unless enough energy is given to its electrons to make the jump. Transistors exploit this feature of semiconductors to allow current to be stopped or allowed through at will.

Quick explanation of transistors. (Not strictly necessary to understand LEDs but transistors are what really started this all so it helps to understand them.) The three pins on a transistor are called Base, Collector and Emitter, the collector and emitter pins are at either end of the pathway through the transistor, but a semiconductor bridges the gap. Current coming from the collector alone is not enough to make it over the gap to the emitter, current delivered to the base is what charges up the semiconductor bridge, giving it enough energy to allow electrons to pass when they come through from the collector.

Back to LEDs. I said the colour of the light emitted by an LED depends on how its semiconductor layers are doped. Doping is when you a little bit of one element into a material made of another element to change its behaviour—like how putting salt on your chips changes their taste—doping semiconductors with different elements can change the size of that energy gap we talked about earlier.

It is the electrons themselves that produce the light, or rather they emit photons when they lose energy, and the wavelength of light emitted depends on the energy of the photon, and the energy of the photon depends on the energy lost by the electron. Electrons must lose energy to drop into lower energy levels within an atom, electrons like to drop as low as they can so they quite happily emit photons to shed energy. The trick is finding the right doping balance to train the electrons to emit the wavelength of light that we want. That's why it took so long to get those shorter wavelength (higher energy) colour LEDs, because it's difficult to find doping that trains electrons to emit such high energy photons instead of lower energy ones.

You answer didn't address his question at all.

Why don't you include the entirety of the exchange between Jesus and "young ruler." Specifically, why not address why, when Jesus was directly asked which commandments must be kept, Jesus DID NOT include keeping the Sabbath? Actually, Jesus never once enumerates keeping the Sabbath.

Comment

Working...
                        X