No announcement yet.

Kreg Jigs.....educate me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent the ana-white address to the wife, look forward to posting some of my work that comes out of her selections

Comment

So can yall dumb down the purpose of it? Is it just to make countersinks? Forgive my ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
        So can yall dumb down the purpose of it? Is it just to make countersinks? Forgive my ignorance
        It's a combination of the shape of the countersink hole, and the screw head. The special bit has a 1/8" or so drill tip for the first 1/2", then it squares out to 3/8" for the countersink. This leaves the bottom end of the hole flat with just a shallow 1/8" hole to guide the screw. Coupled with the pan head style screws that have a wide flat head, when the head of the screw tightes against the bottom of the hole it doesn't try to split the lumber like a drywall or other tapered neck screw does, and it's very strong.

Comment

Thank you dale. Does it work for any angles other than 90?

Comment

Thanks to this thread I now own a Kreg jig. New gun workin bench gettin built tomorrow!

Comment

I got my kreg for christmas and finally built a project to use it on. Super easy and really easy to use. It's also very strong. Built this for my wife for valentines day.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great 👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                  I got my kreg for christmas and finally built a project to use it on. Super easy and really easy to use. It's also very strong. Built this for my wife for valentines day.

Valentines game strong![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did some stuff with mine the other day that would have been a large pita without it, and the end result would never have been as good without it. EXTREMELY valuable tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X