Calling fly tiers- Hooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling fly tiers- Hooks?

Someone educate me on where you buy your hooks for flies. I have just been toying and making some poppers and a few others. Size 8 and 10 seem to be my go to sizes, but is there a better place to buy hooks other than Wal-Mart?
    Anybody found a good supplier through Amazon or Ebay?

I buy all of mine through amazon. Mustad for smaller flies and gamakatsu for larger flies.

Comment

Bass Pro, fly tiers dungeon, mad scientist, Amazon, big y, caddis fly shop

My primary go to sites
      Fly Tying Materials, fly tying supplies and many fly tying material tips and tricks, fly tying recipes. Fly tying closeout materials all at Fly Tyers Dungeon!

Premium branded direct to consumer hand tied fly fishing flies. Largest inventory of trout flies, steelhead flies, saltwater flies, salmon flies, and bass flies same day free shipping. Featuring Orvis, Sage, Rio, Fishpond and other leading fly fishing brands, and huge selection of fly tying materials and tools.

Amazon and eBay if you know what good prices are
      Last edited by hooligan; 07-06-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Hook and Hackle

Comment

I get mine from www.flytyingsource.com and the local shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've used the mustad 3407 and 34007's for years for my saltwater flies.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, This should give me a good start.

Comment

I mainly use 3/0 to 5/0 for bass flies and poppers and try never to use "fly" hooks. Any thing to do with fly tying and the price is triple or more than just hooks. My favorite is the straight worm hooks made by H2O and are at Academy.

Comment

Im partial to Tiemco, Gamakatsu and Firehole hooks. I order from J Stockard. www.jsflyfishing.com

Comment

I found a good deal on Amazon for the Mustad hooks size 10. Thanks to all who posted, I had no idea where to start, and now I have places to check prices, and style of hook desired.
                    Much Appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X