AR Pistola build list help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
    I just noticed your comment about switching springs for supers/subs. Just buy a nice adjustable gas block. It will be a lot less annoying. I mainly use SLRs and tune it to barely eject the weakest subs and leave it alone, but you can get one that you switch back and forth.
    And here’s my daily LaRue plug, lol. If I were you, I’d just buy a LaRue UU kit in 300bo w/ 12” barrel. Use the order number to order a LaRue lower. Sell the stock and order a brace before the lower comes in. You won’t regret it.
    Just learned a few things I did not know. Many thanks sir!! That sounds like a good route.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
      Just learned a few things I did not know. Many thanks sir!! That sounds like a good route.

No need to switch any springs or have an adjustable gas block on a quality barrel with a pistol length gas system.

Also the optimum barrel length for the 300 Blackout is 8-9”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry if I was misleading. The odds are good that it will function flawlessly without an adjustable gas block, I just like tuning mine with adjustable gas so that the buffer never bottoms out. It just makes for very soft/smooth shooting. Great for training the wife and kids.

Comment

Here's my 300blk 10.5" barrel and the shockwave brace.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            No need to switch any springs or have an adjustable gas block on a quality barrel with a pistol length gas system.

Also the optimum barrel length for the 300 Blackout is 8-9”.

Mike, will it still work and cycle both supers and subs without beating anything up when shooting supers? I assume that's what Ahlongslide is referring to...

Comment

Mike, will it still work and cycle both supers and subs without beating anything up when shooting supers? I assume that's what Ahlongslide is referring to...
              It won't beat anything up either way. I used to never use adjustable gas blocks, but then I bought an AR that already had one in it. I tuned it like the instructions said and it was the smoothest/least recoiling AR I've ever felt. Now I have them on all 8 of my ARs.
              Manufacturers don't want people saying their gun is unreliable, so they over-gas them. That way they won't short stroke on weaker loads.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                It won't beat anything up either way. I used to never use adjustable gas blocks, but then I bought an AR that already had one in it. I tuned it like the instructions said and it was the smoothest/least recoiling AR I've ever felt. Now I have them on all 8 of my ARs.

Manufacturers don't want people saying their gun is unreliable, so they over-gas them. That way they won't short stroke on weaker loads.

I can only speak from my experience with my Noveske 8” blackout rifle. It shoots supers and subs, suppressed or unsuppressed reliably. But you would expect that out of a rifle like that.

I do agree with ahlongslide you aren’t going to beat anything up shooting a mixture of supers and subs. That’s what the buffer is there for. I do have one AR with an adjustable gas block because it was severely overgassed and once I tuned the block it does shoot very nice and soft. However on a gun where you may switch between supers and subs you will drive yourself crazy adjusting it every time you switch Ammo.

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I can only speak from my experience with my Noveske 8” blackout rifle. It shoots supers and subs, suppressed or unsuppressed reliably. But you would expect that out of a rifle like that.

I do agree with ahlongslide you aren’t going to beat anything up shooting a mixture of supers and subs. That’s what the buffer is there for. I do have one AR with an adjustable gas block because it was severely overgassed and once I tuned the block it does shoot very nice and soft. However on a gun where you may switch between supers and subs you will drive yourself crazy adjusting it every time you switch Ammo.

Mike, I think I've got just about what I need to put one together or make a finished purchase. However, what would y'all suggest for a buffer (who to buy from) to get something that will work with both subs and supers so that I wouldn't need to jack around with constantly adjusting a gas block? I don't think I necessarily need a $3000 Noveske or similar but I'll spend money on good equipment. Sounds like I may be better off just buying a finished product from a good manufacturer...

Comment

Mike, I think I've got just about what I need to put one together or make a finished purchase. However, what would y'all suggest for a buffer (who to buy from) to get something that will work with both subs and supers so that I wouldn't need to jack around with constantly adjusting a gas block? I don't think I necessarily need a $3000 Noveske or similar but I'll spend money on good equipment. Sounds like I may be better off just buying a finished product from a good manufacturer...

Certainly no need to spend the $$ on a Noveske (unless you can and want to) I would just caution you about buying some of the cheaper brand stuff. But there’s no reason to not consider buying s Noveske barrel and building around it. They seem to have it figured out on the gas system.

Comment

Working...
                      X