Making wood shafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making wood shafts?

Whats it take to make good wood shafts? I've got tons of yaupon drying on my lot, with lots more to go. I'd imagine some good arrows could be made from yaupon if you found the right diameter. I've tried searching for the process to straighten and all, but have mostlybfound vague instructions. Any books, sites? Or waste of time to try it?

Maybe primitive archer online? I am really picky about arrows I’d never be happy with yupon but slot of folk use it. They have to be bundled when drying and worked with heat to straighten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Darn, i dont have any of it bundled, just lined on the edges of walkways to form natural barriers while they dry. Foured they'd need heated to straighten, didn't know if there were any tools to help get them fairly straight.

Comment

Hands or a hook or a round screwdriver shaft work ok. They will warp like crazy drying especially when you peel the bark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

peal them, 20 or so together, wrap with a long string, loop at one end, and wrap to the other. and loop again. TIGHT... let dry...
          go out and find some river cane.. and wile working on it...burn the wood and cook a steak.

LOL jmho...jeffro

Comment

Working...
          X