Cabo- who to fish with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabo- who to fish with?

Headed to Cabo on Sat and wanted to squeeze in some fishing. Do not do deep see, but figured I could fish around the arch or the cove or not to terribly far from Shore. Maybe a mile or so.. I know the fishing there is good and you really do not have to go that far out.

Anyone been with someone that can get me and a couple buds on to some fish?

Redrum. We will be there next Friday. How long you staying?

Comment

we leave on Thursday noonish

Comment

We fished with Minerva's, good guys. We were there in December caught 4 striped Marlin

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
          We fished with Minerva's, good guys. We were there in December caught 4 striped Marlin
          Here's another vote for Minerva's. Top notch outfit

Comment

We went with Pisces several years ago and enjoyed it. The trip we did was what you mentioned, closer in shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After recs in another thread here and another forum I booked with Redrum june 16. So I think you should use them and report back

Comment

I have a friend that goes with the locals in the pangos. He claims it’s 1/3rd the price and the fishing trip is just as good. I think he’s been to Cabo about 15 times.

Comment

We had a great trip with Redrum. Caught yellowfin less than a mile from shore. Had fun with rooster fish as well. Have fun and good luck Mitch!

Comment

4th vote for Redrum...good dudes.

They helped us book a sweet house...El Toro Rojo.

And watch the Shining before you go...redrum, redrum.

Comment

Went over spring break with my family and Redrum. My 11 and 14 YO girls each caught a striped marlin. Was an awesome day.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        Headed to Cabo on Sat and wanted to squeeze in some fishing. Do not do deep see, but figured I could fish around the arch or the cove or not to terribly far from Shore. Maybe a mile or so.. I know the fishing there is good and you really do not have to go that far out.

Anyone been with someone that can get me and a couple buds on to some fish?
                        Call me. Problem with cabo is there isn't any shallow fishing. Water get real deep real fast. You could stay in shore within a mile and might find some rooster fish or maybe a Mahi. Warm water is where the fish are and warm water could be half a mile off or 20 miles out.

I've fished out of Cabo probably 15 times. I'll let you know what I know and who to talk too.

Comment

I get sea sick in a bathtub and never get sea sick in Cabo. We've used Minerva's twice now and have been very pleased.

Comment

A big Panga fleet in San Jose - just a couple miles to the NE of Cabo. All of the fishing is close in - couple miles off the beach through the entire area. Redrum gets a lot of Gringos but, as mentioned, the Panga fleet is a good fast "wheel and deal" option.

Some excellent surf fishing for Roosterfish up by Cabo Pulmo, just up the bend from Cabo/San Jose on the west bank of Sea of Cortez. High tide, roosterfish slash bait right up against the sand. This is the area where fly rod dudes setup for Roosterfish as well as those who like to cast the long stick surf rod. Hunting along the shoreline - sight casting to explosive roosterfish with big *** topwaters = MUY BUENO MITCH!

If the offshore scene in Cabo is off - roosterfish up by Cabo Pulmo is on - all the time.

Need options - thats them right there for the region.
                            Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-10-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Pisces Fleet. Been using them for over 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X