First Point.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point.....

Has anyone been in the last week or so? Just wondering how much cover they have this year.....last year was the most cover late in the year I've ever seen there. Headed down Nov 30 - Dec 5......need to know how much brush to carry with me.

Thanks for the help!!

Buddy went last week. Didn't say about cover. He shot a doe and buck but didn't find either. I think he gut shot both. Said movement was slow.

Comment

Not much grass, but the bushes were green.

Comment

Following. Going in Jan.

Save me something to shoot....

Comment

Originally posted by shaun5371 View Post
          Following. Going in Jan.

Save me something to shoot....
          I'll do a live hunt while we are there and be sure to update the landscape details.

Last year was super green, lots of cover.

Comment

Following

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24342113

I'm gonna use this contraption this year......made it out of PVC. I will stabilize it with some mesh on the sides and I'm also taking a trailer load of (non thorny) brush and will make myself completely invisible.

I added another four upright braces on the bottom section to shore it up.

Gotta make one more for my buddy tomorrow.
              Last edited by RLB; 11-01-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Any dimensions on those long lengths that form the bends?

Comment

How tall is that thing, 8 feet? Looks like the middle horizontal PVC will be in the way of shooting. Let us know how it works.Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    How tall is that thing, 8 feet? Looks like the middle horizontal PVC will be in the way of shooting. Let us know how it works.Good luck.
                    I took two 10' sticks of 1/2" CVPC and made the three circles. The bottom verticals are 4' long and the upper verticals are 3' long. I went back and added another vertical on top and bottom. I was surprised how sturdy it is.

Comment

Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	24342681

Here's a pic with the extra verticals....the one on the right. I was still adding the extra pieces on the other one.
                      Last edited by RLB; 11-04-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	24342682

Had to drill pilot holes and put small screws to hold the pipe in the "T's".....it has a little to much tension, they kept popping out, even with PVC glue.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          I made them so you can flip them over.....one way the middle ring is at 4'....the other way it's at 3'

Comment

Hope the wind doesn't blow if you wrap it in fabric!

Comment

Those are cool, but I think it would be better just to take that seat and jump in the middle of a bush or dig a pit for it. Not bashing but if you cut too much brush out there it will be noticed.

Comment

Working...
                              X