No announcement yet.

2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock- depends on age. My kid was scheduled for 8. Just got word that SFA in rained out. Last weekend was a wash out. Older kids should be busy for 2 months. Younger kids maybe every other week and take off completely on the weekends off

Comment

We are only doing a 2-3 full tournaments, but looking to pick up some one days along the way.

Comment

We will play 5 tournaments in the fall. Play 2 in September 2 in October and 1 November done before Thanksgiving.

Comment

The bats came on a little too late in game 1 and we lost 5-4, we tied game 2, 2-2. I have faith it will all come together with this group though.

This was pretty cool moment from today's 1st game. Brock was pitching and his buddy Maddox was catching.
          These 2 have been on the same 3 teams since they first started tball at 5, have been on the same basketball team ever since and go to the same school. They were both on the short end of the stick too many times on our last team and it's been great to see both of them with a fresh start.

Brock pitched 2 innings, 0 hits, 1 walk, 2 k's, nothing hit out of the infield. This was the beginning of his 2nd inning and Brock called time to talk with his catcher.

I asked him about it afterwards and he said he was just saying that he wanted Maddox to set up "right on the outside of the plate" when the coach called an outside pitch, and that as soon as he started talking Maddox says, (with his mouth covered) "cover your mouth man!"

Telling Maddox's dad about it later he laughed and said did Brock tell you what he said? I told him what Brock told me and he said, well Maddox said he told him "just pretty much put your nuts right on the black on the outside of the plate and that's where your glove should be."

I really don't want these days to end.

Comment

Pic

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=jshouse;13624038]Pic

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/
              It's fun to watch when they start to get it LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                Pic

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                Great pic!

Comment

9 year old catcher is asking when a good time is for him to go to the mound... i told him, " when the coach tells you to pitch ..otherwise just concentrate on being a wall..."

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    The bats came on a little too late in game 1 and we lost 5-4, we tied game 2, 2-2. I have faith it will all come together with this group though.

This was pretty cool moment from today's 1st game. Brock was pitching and his buddy Maddox was catching.
                    These 2 have been on the same 3 teams since they first started tball at 5, have been on the same basketball team ever since and go to the same school. They were both on the short end of the stick too many times on our last team and it's been great to see both of them with a fresh start.

Brock pitched 2 innings, 0 hits, 1 walk, 2 k's, nothing hit out of the infield. This was the beginning of his 2nd inning and Brock called time to talk with his catcher.

I asked him about it afterwards and he said he was just saying that he wanted Maddox to set up "right on the outside of the plate" when the coach called an outside pitch, and that as soon as he started talking Maddox says, (with his mouth covered) "cover your mouth man!"

Telling Maddox's dad about it later he laughed and said did Brock tell you what he said? I told him what Brock told me and he said, well Maddox said he told him "just pretty much put your nuts right on the black on the outside of the plate and that's where your glove should be."

I really don't want these days to end.
                    Great stuff! I'd love to know what they all say during their mound visits! I bet more than half of their chatter isn't even baseball related. Lol

Comment

Well my son’s team won this morning. My son pitched 2 scoreless innings and got 3 RBI’s and a stand up double line drive over the 3rd basemen head and to the fence. I think he is glad to be back on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        Well my son’s team won this morning. My son pitched 2 scoreless innings and got 3 RBI’s and a stand up double line drive over the 3rd basemen head and to the fence. I think he is glad to be back on the field.
                        Good stuff! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          9 year old catcher is asking when a good time is for him to go to the mound... i told him, " when the coach tells you to pitch ..otherwise just concentrate on being a wall..."
                          I like when a catcher takes control of the game. I always tell my catcher if he throws 3 balls in a row then walks him to call timeout to slow the game down. Good to hear he is at least asking at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

11s had an early exit this morning, 1 hit in 5 innings isn't gonna get it done.

The 8s are about to start the championship, hoping we can run rule them early and make it home in time to subject myself to the beating that is the Cowboys

Comment

My son’s team is in the championship game at Triple Creek. Waiting to see who opponent is. My son caught a heck of a game earlier. He has done a little bit of everything today

Comment

Well my son’s team lost in the Championship game just now.

I will say this U trip really needs some new rules concerning base running and what is allowed and not allowed and enforce it. It is ridiculous to watch sometimes. Runners taking off before the pitcher is even set. Fake running or jumping up and down like you are going to run and then stopping. Allowing teams to do that is not giving a catcher a fighting chance to throw anyone out. I watched a team today that had 1 hit and won the game 11-2. All this crap is not teaching the boys baseball. Little league has the right idea concerning base runners but unfortunately there is none in our area

Comment

Working...
                                X