X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasco Pronghorn,

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Have you even seen one yet? I’ve seen you post about it several times. Not doubting it may be nice. Just not sure how you know if you’ve never seen it and used it.
      Well they haven’t failed in their respective price points in thier bino or spotting scope lines so I don’t think they will fail on the scope, I image it will be an great mid line scope and excel at its price point.... they been pretty solid on pre-release product testing.

Comment

Originally posted by crimson-talon View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used vortex warranty on a bino and a scope... one on my friends is also no longer allowed to get close to my stuff. He knocked my bino’s And tripod off a ledge. They even sent New tripod

Vortex has done an exceptional job bringing the industry standard of CS and warranty to an all time high, with virtually all competitors matching thier practices, with that said they have slipped in thier domination of certain price points. The bargain title just isn’t there anymore. Especially in 1k range

Comment

I'd go look at a bunch and make your own decision on this one. I like Leupolds and Vortex. My dad likes Zeiss. My brother has a NF, and Vortex.

Go check em out, look through them and forget about the name on the side. You may like one that's well below $1k.

That's my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
            Not the scope, but I’m basing it off of their general build quality and current optics. A company like Maven doesn’t have the name brand recognition that others have, so they have to squeeze $2,000 scopes into a $1,000 price point, and I’m impressed with what I’ve felt and looked through . What I don’t know yet is what mechanics the turrets use. Swaro uses leaf springs on the Z3 to cut cost, which is ok if you zero and never touch the knobs, but much less reliable than others in the class.
            Ok so I am not a scope guru of any kind. I have leupold scopes on a few rifles, some Kahles and Swarovski. But all my scopes are 15 + years old. They are straight forward scopes with caps over the adjustment screws. Now a days all I see is this 3 knob turret long long long range crap scopes that I am not interested in shooting a 1000 yards. So with that said if I am guy like you described as "which is ok if you zero and never touch the knobs" what is a good scope for under $1,500.00? Are the Z3's good? Are the Mavens? Etc.....

Comment

Best scope under $1000

Hmmmm you really think so.. even though Vortex also has an unconditional lifetime guarantee? I have the vortex PST 6-24x50 love it

I guess if you buy a scope just for the warranty and sacrifice glass quality, go for it.

Anything less than a Vortex Razor won’t even touch glass quality of the others being discussed as I stated. I have the opportunity to run lots of different glass so I’ve seen a lot of them and used them in actual field conditions.

It’s really not even close.

I believe the OP’s question was what’s the best scope under $1k, now what is the best scope warranty under $1k. Although pretty much all of the big optics companies have the same level of coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Mike D; 01-22-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I guess if you buy a scope just for the warranty and sacrifice glass quality, go for it.

Anything less than a Vortex Razor won’t even touch glass quality of the others being discussed as I stated. I have the opportunity to run lots of different glass so I’ve seen a lot of them and used them in actual field conditions.

It’s really not even close.

I believe the OP’s question was what’s the best scope under $1k, now what is the best scope warranty under $1k. Although pretty much all of the big optics companies have the same level of coverage.

Y’all must have had experience with the cheaper vortex’s. Go look through the viper PST gen 2 5-25x50

Comment

Y’all must have had experience with the cheaper vortex’s. Go look through the razor line up.

Fixed it for ya

Comment

Y’all must have had experience with the cheaper vortex’s. Go look through the viper PST gen 2 5-25x50

I’ve used them all. I don’t own a Razor but I have shot through them.

I stand solidly by my statements.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                      Ok so I am not a scope guru of any kind. I have leupold scopes on a few rifles, some Kahles and Swarovski. But all my scopes are 15 + years old. They are straight forward scopes with caps over the adjustment screws. Now a days all I see is this 3 knob turret long long long range crap scopes that I am not interested in shooting a 1000 yards. So with that said if I am guy like you described as "which is ok if you zero and never touch the knobs" what is a good scope for under $1,500.00? Are the Z3's good? Are the Mavens? Etc.....
                      I think clarity will be comparable between these two. Just because you don’t turn the knobs doesn’t mean you still wouldn’t benefit from the better tracking mechanism. Remember the old days when you would adjust your scope and tap it with your quarter so it would settle in place. Zero it again before season. Those were the old leaf springs and they tend to be more affected by recoil, bumping etc. More robust mechaninisms are just better at holding zero in my experience. One caveat is if you horse trade scopes frequently, you’d probably sell the Swaro quicker because of the reputation their European lines have built. Swaro Z5 and Z6 use a more reliable four point coil spring system.
                      Last edited by elkaholic9292; 01-22-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        Swarovski z5

Comment

Heard they are about on par with the first gen. I own a gen 2 razor. It’s a good optic. I won’t touch the others unless it’s a best around cheap gun and I usually still convince myself not to haha

Comment

Never in a million years would I have thought you would admit to owning a Vortex. Much less say it is a good optic. I heard they upped their game with the Razor gen2.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                              Never in a million years would I have thought you would admit to owning a Vortex. Much less say it is a good optic. I heard they upped their game with the Razor gen2.
                              He has mentioned it a few times along with the fact its heavy enough to use as a sledge hammer

Comment

The zeiss hd5's look like a great deal. How do they mesure up?

Comment

Working...
                                X