Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH BBQers... Brookshire’s pork butts and Kroger's briskets

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
    Pork butts are pretty much pork butts, but I've stopped going cheap on briskets. I would rather pay $2.99/lb for prime brisket at Costco and know I'm going to get a better result. Now, find a great sale on prime then I'm filling the deep freeze.

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303].... to each their own.

I haven’t found any reason to spend $2.99 plus for briskets. I don’t mind picking through the pile. Takes a whole 5 minutes. If I don’t find what I’m looking for, I just don’t buy them. Plus I like the challenge.[emoji3]

But then again, I’m not a contest guy. My only judges are bellies for hoongry thankful folks[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303].... to each their own.

I haven’t found any reason to spend $2.99 plus for briskets. I don’t mind picking through the pile. Takes a whole 5 minutes. If I don’t find what I’m looking for, I just don’t buy them. Plus I like the challenge.[emoji3]

But then again, I’m not a contest guy. My only judges are bellies for hoongry thankful folks[emoji41]
      I thought pleasing judges was a problem. Now having to satisfy 2 little girls bbq hunger is a whole different kind of pressure. $2.99 keeps daddy in hugs and kisses. [emoji2]

Comment

I have kept them for a year just because I bought a lot and didn’t get to use them like normal. But I really try to find pork for sausage during the end of the year or look for January sales for late Jan early Feb sausage knowing it gonna be up all year in the freezer as I use it. But after sausage season I start stocking up on PBs and briskets for BBQ during the summer, for lease work trips, our South Texas dove lease trip, Christmas or during deer season.
        I've always wanted to go on the Smart family dove opener. Not because of the birds to kill, but the bbq feast!

Comment

Yes sir, thank you for the heads up!

Comment

Oh now they go on sail after I spint $50 one a brisket last weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

Thats my luck too man!

Comment

Thanks for the PSA

Comment

Hahahaha... how did that cook go?

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                      [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303].... To each their own.

I haven’t found any reason to spend $2.99 plus for briskets. I don’t mind picking through the pile. Takes a whole 5 minutes. If i don’t find what i’m looking for, i just don’t buy them. Plus i like the challenge.[emoji3]

but then again, i’m not a contest guy. My only judges are bellies for hoongry thankful folks[emoji41]
                      +1 :d

Comment

How much did they cost when you were running the chuckwagon on the cattle drives?

Comment

Hahahaha... how did that cook go?
                          Nobody complained. Those beans were the bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            How much did they cost when you were running the chuckwagon on the cattle drives?
                            Nuthin. Rowdy Yates just brought one to me when I needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by graysonhogs View Post
                              how much did they cost when you were running the chuckwagon on the cattle drives?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nobody complained. Those beans were the bomb!

Good deal. Glad it went well[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                                X