Spring has sprung !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drill

I've got a drill that I would let go if you guys are interested. I'll get pictures this weekend with all of the details. A friend gave me a better one and I just parked it. It was working just fine when I parked it. It aint pretty but it works just fine. It's in Crosby Co. 19 miles north of Post. I'll come back and post pictures on Sunday sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      I've got a drill that I would let go if you guys are interested. I'll get pictures this weekend with all of the details. A friend gave me a better one and I just parked it. It was working just fine when I parked it. It aint pretty but it works just fine. It's in Crosby Co. 19 miles north of Post. I'll come back and post pictures on Sunday sometime.
      I'm interested if it's not too big. I work in some tight places sometimes and have to do a lot of moving also to plant three different properties. Here is one plot I'm gonna plant this fall. As you can see, it's not very wide. It's simply what the timber guys call a "down row" where they thin pine plantation and take out every fifth row or so in order to have working room. I mowed the yaupon, sweet gum, and weeds out last year. Barely had room to turn around at the far end, but I fixed that Tuesday. Had my backhoe down there so I grubbed out a bunch or overhanging yaupon and made a place to easily turn with a disc or drag behind. It will be a clover/chicory plot come fall.......I hope !
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, I have peas in Trinity Co., but I need some rain. A half in. would be helpful but I'd rather have more !

These were planted a week ago today. Don't think all of them have germinated yet, just the ones that got into a little moisture. That's the theory anyway !
        Attached Files

Comment

I tell you what, if I don't get some more germination here shortly, I'm going to re-till my whole plot and start over. We got some rain this AM, and expecting more this weekend, but I don't know if it's a little too little and a little too late just yet.

Comment

Sorghum heading out.
            Last edited by Radar; 07-20-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Stuff is thick

Comment

[ATTACH]854973[/ATTACH]

Comment

And of course a hog waller big enough to lose a small dog in. Right in the middle of one the better plots

Comment

Old community well on my property, I cleaned it up. Relined the trough and keep it full with a hand pump. The water is dark blue from algaecide.

Comment

[ATTACH]854976[/ATTACH]
                      Butterfly found the flowers along with the deer

Comment

Radar, that's a neat setup on the old well ! Ironman, I may be in the same boat, but I think I got a pretty good rain at Brushy Creek this morning. Going down there the middle of next week to spread some milorganite and look things over.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I got rain to the north and rain to the south. I could hear some thunder earlier but I think she no bueno.

Comment

We getting rain

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Radar, that's a neat setup on the old well ! Ironman, I may be in the same boat, but I think I got a pretty good rain at Brushy Creek this morning. Going down there the middle of next week to spread some milorganite and look things over.
                              You should've got another round last night as well.. I am not far from you in Apple Springs and our I/c peas are looking great! Planted a month ago. First time planting spring plots, don't think it will be my last

Comment

I got just about everything planted out here. Milo, sun flowers, sun hemp, black beans, bush beans, okra, black eyed peas and pinto beans... plus some old garden stuff. Finally got some good rain on it. I planted a little later and have been missing the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X