Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get 90 yards closer to the pigs.

Comment

Need to get some bait and tree stands up while the pigs are in a known area.

Comment

Yea I think I am going to change my plans as well, planning on hanging some stands and hunt at day light and day break trying to catch pigs moving because walking in the dry leaves is just not working. I get a glimpse of them running away but just can not get close enough for a shot.

Comment

There are several stands(3) at the edge of the blood weed along the river headed toward the point. Just take some climbing sticks and a harness, be careful. There is one pretty low one on the trail about 1/2-3/4 mile down river from PC. There is also a ladder right at the duck pond along the river. Throw some sour corn and have at it.

Comment

Been trying to get close to those swine, I need a cloaking device or something. Baiting and ambushing is kinda what I was thinking also. Thanks for the heads-up on nthe tree stands around PC. I have not spent much time there.

Comment

Just leave them as you find them. Be careful no telling what condition they are in after being in the woods for an undetermined amount of time.

Comment

Anyone had any luck lately?

Comment

Nope. When we goin to Stonewall again?

Comment

Hit Granger today walked all over between gates 6 and 7 but only saw cows and deer. Their are not even any signs of hogs in that area I even ran across some kind of make shift feeder made out of black plastic pipe but it was still full of corn and did not look like anything had been messing with it. I then walked some of Willis Creek unit, saw some fresh tracks in the mud from the rain last night but not much else. I still think PG is the best bet. I have seen the most hogs and signs of hogs in that unit. I think muzzy has the right idea with sitting in a stand or blind. It just does not seem possible to sneak up on the hogs out their. They always see me before I see them or they are way to far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Suttle1976 View Post
                      Hit Granger today walked all over between gates 6 and 7 but only saw cows and deer. Their are not even any signs of hogs in that area I even ran across some kind of make shift feeder made out of black plastic pipe but it was still full of corn and did not look like anything had been messing with it. I then walked some of Willis Creek unit, saw some fresh tracks in the mud from the rain last night but not much else. I still think PG is the best bet. I have seen the most hogs and signs of hogs in that unit. I think muzzy has the right idea with sitting in a stand or blind. It just does not seem possible to sneak up on the hogs out their. They always see me before I see them or they are way to far away.
                      that is DirtyMike's feeder pipe contraption...there are two out there

Comment

Nope not mine. I watched mine get emptied by cows...... Unless someone filled it up. That would be really cool if they did. BS I am heading out there some time mid week. Can you make it? Get set up and baited scouted for that weekend hunt.

Comment

when?

Comment

The one I found had corn in it and was located near a make shift blind made out of brush and sticks.

Comment

When do you want to go? We probably wont go again until May or June, unless I can get some time off.

When we gonna go fishing? If you want some of that axis meat, let me know. I have three freezers filled with it.

I got that buck to a taxiderminst. $450 for a wall pedestal. Getting back in August.

Let me know when we can go fishing.

Comment

DM; I'll have to come visit and you can show me around 6 and 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X