Snake bite victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kornsqueezer View Post
    Copperhead on the leg when I was 9 or 10. Doctor visit. Next day back to picking Dewberries.
    LOL
    My dad was bit by a copperhead when he was five. Way back in the country in the early 30's and no doctor. Used coal oil to draw it out.

Comment

I got bit in 1970 really bad.
      But, we divorced four years later.
      As you can tell, it still affects me to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkusmc View Post
        Well flufster, dad gum it, finish the dang story! Did you die or not?
        Love it.

Eric B. Class of '90. What Class are you?

Comment

I dont think we are scared of them so much as they are in spots we dont like them to be. ie deer blinds feeders bushs that we are by trying to stalk game. I am sure you get the point.

Comment

I ain't never been bit, and I don't intend too either...

I don't mind snakes, I can sit and watch 'em, no need to leave a permanent impression....

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
              when i was a kid i used to catch what we called "coach whips" but they were actually a type of racer, any how they were known to have bad attitudes and my mom told me i couldnt keep any more of them so i stashed one in a homemade box out at the back of our property....well one day i went to show it to a buddy and it got out....in the process of getting it back in the box, it struck and hit one fang on my finger and one on my thumb....to us kids, the only snake to have fangs was a rattlesnake (kinda like most TBH'ers think all snakes are rattlesnakes) so all my friends wanted me to call my parents so they could get me to the ER...well i weighed the options and it was either face my mothers wrath for not letting the snake go or falling over dead from a rattlesnake bite so i chose death......i just remember sitting on the steps of our front porch with about 5 of my friends staring at me to see if i died...lol.....i dont guess mom ever found out about me keeping the snake
              this is your mother.......

I've been watching you.

I know what you did that summer.

Comment

Cotton mouth at 14 yrs old. One bad week of my life. I killed him and brought him back to my dad so he could see him. He was proud that i killed it but not that i got bit before i did!!

Comment

Wow. How many peoples bites were because you did not know it was there as opposed to "playing" with the snake?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    this is your mother.......

I've been watching you.

I know what you did that summer.
                    lol...too funny...i may just have to tell her the story in case someone figures out who she is

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                    Wow. How many peoples bites were because you did not know it was there as opposed to "playing" with the snake?
                    not near as many people as they want ya to believe...most likely if you didnt know it was there, ya never will

Comment

nope and hope it never happens

Comment

Mine was a pet so I guess it could have been "playing" with it that caused the bite....

Comment

Ok handling or playing.

Comment

my wife has my son so terrified of rattlers he says he is not going back to the lease until cold weather. His snake boots are just one or two inches shorter than mine, what are the chances of a snake getting him that high up? we are in east texas there are not alot of rattlers but there are some out there, and copper heads.

Comment

Nothing compared to a ground squirrel.

Yeah, a few times by non-poisonous, small grass snakes.

Not nearly as scary as the ground squirrel bite of '76. We were in Colorado and my mind was set on catching one of the many ground squirrels that roamed our cabin area. After hours of chasing, I finally managed to get one cornered down in a hole where I could see and reach him.

I grabbed him, pulled him out, started to look him over and thinking of suitable names, and he chomped down on my thumb. I did what any 8 yr. old boy would do - I screamed, chunked him and ran to Momma. Of course she asked what happened so I had to make up a quick story that didn't involve me getting what I deserved.

So I told her I was just sitting there minding my own business when this ground squirrel ran up and bit me. Unfortunately, her first comment was that I'd been bitten by a rabid ground squirrel. Upon hearing this observation, the voice of my older brother came drifting in to my memory telling me how the rabies treatment consisted of 13 extremely painful shots in the stomach. Basically, my brother's position, which I usually adopted back in those days, was that dying of rabies was far better than being treated for rabies.

To sum it up, I can confidently tell you that the decision to continue fudging with the prospect of rabies shots or tell the truth and face a whoopin was some kind of painful. I can't think a snake bite would beat that.

Comment

I hope I never do!

Comment

Working...
                                X