Protein Feeder leg size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Feeder leg size

I'm working on a new protein feeder that should hold close to 1500lbs. With for pipe legs. What size pipe do you think I can get away with? I was just going to use 2.5", like I did on the 3000lb I have, but have looking at pictures today, I'm thinking that my be way over kill.

No such thing as over kill on the legs.....2.5" would be right. Are you adding skids under the legs?

Comment

If you build it as tall as the last one, don't skimp on the legs. They are the foundation and the support for something you'll be putting a lot of weight in. The price difference between 1 1/2" and 2" pipe is not worth skimping on, for safety's sake. IMHO

Comment

The more I thought about last night, I agree. No such thing as overkill. Mike it won't be as tall as the last one, lol. The top should only be about 9 1/2 ft. One day I will get a mig here at the house and be able to build them however big I want. For now I just use what I can find. Lol.

Comment

i built a feeder that holds 1500+# and i used 2" square tubing 3/16" wall thickness. its been in the field for over 2 yrs with no problems.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
          X