Llano/Burnet Rut Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llano/Burnet Rut Activity

I am going to take my boys on their first hunting trip a couple days after Thanksgiving. Our family land is on the border of Llano and Burnet counties. Due to work I haven't made it hunting in 2 or 3 years. My brother has feeders going out at the property. Anyone have any update on rut or deer movement going on in the area right now? My boys are adamant about getting a deer to "eat and hang on the wall" lots of pressure on dad to find a buck lol. Either way we will have a good time on their first hunt and get to do all the fun things kids enjoy like sleeping in the hunting cabin, riding ATV's and shooting .22's. The boys are only 4 and 7 so they will just be spectators but I am excited to get to share this experience with them.

the rut was on this weekend near fredricksburg so Id say you are good to go-

my advice is to shoot whatever presents you a shot-
    They need to join in on the gutting and skinning part and get there hands bloody as they will not forget it.

Comment

I watched a true giant chase a doe across 29 right outside of burnet @ 6 am this morning. My brother also saw 2 good deer running does on 281 head north toward burnet between marble falls and park road 4. I would say it's on.

Comment

I'm a little west of you, in Llano. Hunted Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Didn't have any chasing does. Bucks didn't look interested in the does.

Comment

Working...
        X