• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
    Go buy a salvage junker and swap vin #'s
    It doesn't get any sketcher than this

Comment

Look here for current title status.

Search federal vehicle title, salvage and total loss information quickly and affordably with National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) title check report from Auto Data Direct.

Looks like it's $4.95 to use. I'm sure there are others. Found this one on http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buyin...before-you-buy

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
        He's got a bill of sale, and the truck. What am I missing here? I can understand him being screwed the other way around, if the bank has a lien on it.
        But in this case, I don't see how the seller has a leg to stand on?

Now I would understand your comment, if it were good luck getting anything back, but if I'm going for anything, it's all of it. Not just what the pos seller claims I pd, when I have a bill of sale with his signature stating that I pd him 13k.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
        I agree, bill of sale confirms sale and signatures confirm what bill of sale states. If not what the heck is a bill of sale for?

Comment

Had something similar happen to a friend. Come to find out he had sold the truck and stolen it back 3 times before my friend bought it. He kept a set of keys and would go get the truck. The previous buyers would turn in a claim on their insurance and get paid. Then they would go buy another truck. I would hide the truck and hope he does not have a gps on it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
            The bank is supposedly in Minnesota. Our son's stationed in Kentucky.
            Have you called the bank to ask the about it? Maybe I missed if you did but a simple phone call should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              Has he gotten his chain of command involved? I know he probably doesn't want to do it but a 1st SGT ****** over someone screwing with one of his soldiers is a thing of beauty.
              Is the seller in the Army as well? Having the chain of command involved will sort that our real fast.
              This - a good 1SGT can be very influential (i.e. have a come to Jesus talk with the idiot scammer and gets civilian authorities to move quicker). I remember going to the courthouse with Top when one of my soldiers got in trouble. The judge didn't want to release him because he thought jail was less scary than talking to 1SGT. After about 5 minutes the judge was calling Top "Sir" which set off an entirely different conversation.

Comment

Has he gotten his chain of command involved? I know he probably doesn't want to do it but a 1st SGT ****** over someone screwing with one of his soldiers is a thing of beauty.
                Is the seller in the Army as well? Having the chain of command involved will sort that our real fast.

Solid advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Update?

Comment

Ive got goosebumps thinking about it. Dang motivating motivator motivated.

Devin--Catch a flight and grab some popcorn...its gonna be awesome. Please tell your son I thank him for his service.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                      Had something similar happen to a friend. Come to find out he had sold the truck and stolen it back 3 times before my friend bought it. He kept a set of keys and would go get the truck. The previous buyers would turn in a claim on their insurance and get paid. Then they would go buy another truck. I would hide the truck and hope he does not have a gps on it. Good luck.
                      That is really interesting and could see how well that would work.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Have you called the bank to ask the about it? Maybe I missed if you did but a simple phone call should tell you something.
                      That seems like a good idea, 3 way phone call with seller and his bank.

Comment

Last edited by DWA; 08-25-2017, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          6 Digits??? Dang, you don't mind a lot of collateral damage do you?
                          Wants to make sure he gets the neighbors too. 100x100.

Jag > police> lawyer

I would say that he thought the payoff was a certain amount but it was more and the difference he saying he needs to make is the difference that he should have sold the car for $14,100. And until he comes up with the extra $1,100 he doesn't get the title
                          Last edited by DWA; 08-25-2017, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
                            Look here for current title status.

Search federal vehicle title, salvage and total loss information quickly and affordably with National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) title check report from Auto Data Direct.

Looks like it's $4.95 to use. I'm sure there are others. Found this one on http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buyin...before-you-buy
                            Have you done this yet?
                            Does the seller even hold the title?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              This will be a good thread and go well over 3 pages.

Nailed it

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Have you done this yet?

Does the seller even hold the title?

If you have the vin, that's why I recommended running a carfax. It will give title status, prior owners, any reported accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X