GC pictures to teach age management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC pictures to teach age management

A few guys and I just got on a new deer lease near San Saba and some of the guys are new to aging deer. What I'm trying to do is get some good game camera pictures to show the different ages of deer and help teach these guys how to better age on the hoof and give a good reminder to those who already have an idea of what they're doing. My plan is to print some good pictures off and hang them on a cork board in the house, so if you have a problem with these pictures being printed out please don't post them. The way I figure it, with some of the management professionals on the green screen we will probably all learn something from this. Thanks in advance guys.

I think there was a thread a while back very similar to what you are looking. Try doing a search and see if it comes up. If I remember right there were plenty of pics and descriptions on it.

Comment

Is it the one FC Trapper did about mature deer?

Comment

There is an amazing book to have around the camp written by Dr. James Kroll called aging and judging trophy whitetails.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          There is an amazing book to have around the camp written by Dr. James Kroll called aging and judging trophy whitetails.
          Wholly cow, is that a $200 book. I thought my college days of paying $200 a book was over. I think I will buy a few extra bags of seed instead.

Comment

Under this forum, the thread is titled "what do you call mature" by FCTrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by STXBowhunter View Post
              Under this forum, the thread is titled "what do you call mature" by FCTrapper.
              Yeah I found it yesterday, great thread. Wish I was managing deer that big.

Comment

Originally posted by JWF1016 View Post
                Is it the one FC Trapper did about mature deer?
                I was thinking there was a different thread than that. That thread however is one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  I was thinking there was a different thread than that. That thread however is one of the best.
                  Any idea what it might have been called?

Comment

Join the QDMA and they have a laminated picture and also sell labeled jawbones you can keep in camp!

Comment

I hope this thread takes off for u. I'm in the same boat as Ur other hunters.

Comment

Since some of the guys are new to aging, you would be better served trying to get pics of San Saba county or at least Hill Country deer. South Texas deer can be so much bigger bodied that they could get confused at aging. Principles are the same, but the bodies will tend to throw you off

Comment

Working...
                        X