Pasture aerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pasture aerator

Im looking for an aerator. If anyone runs across one for sale please let me know.

If you know of one that I can rent close to Austin/Dripping Springs please let me know as well.

Thanks.

What size are you looking for? I have a chisel for a 3 point. An aerator as you mentioned is usually tubes that continually revolve where a chisel is a little deeper for water retention but not as invasive as running a plow. Located south of you about 2 hours.

Comment

There were a few listed on Craigslist in Waco last week if memory serves me right.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
        What size are you looking for? I have a chisel for a 3 point. An aerator as you mentioned is usually tubes that continually revolve where a chisel is a little deeper for water retention but not as invasive as running a plow. Located south of you about 2 hours.
        Ive got a chisel and everything else. Want something in the 8' range that I can use on reclaimed pasture that will also take care of small cedar regrowth.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          Ive got a chisel and everything else. Want something in the 8' range that I can use on reclaimed pasture that will also take care of small cedar regrowth.
          Cedar roots are pretty shallow, so a V shaped subsoil attachment does excellent, also for pulling out other trees/brush. The deeper you can run those, the better and also when the soil is somewhat moist. If it is too dry and hard, it is more likely to break off the roots just under the surface and potential regrowth. Cedar is easier to kill.

Comment

Im thinking of welding up a frame and using a telephone pole cut to about 8 ft wide. Drive about 50 rail road nails in it and then cut them at an angle where they would be about 6-8" long. On the frame I would put a 55 gallon drum I can fill with water to weight.

Comment

Sort of along these lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395245421.821776.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	24293533

Comment

Working...
              X