*DIY Deer Lease Cabin Build*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*DIY Deer Lease Cabin Build*

Where to start. After more years than I care to count, I finally got onto a deer lease this year. It's 45 minutes from my driveway to the lease gate and I could not be any happier. There is an existing cabin that has seen better days.

Having 2 contractors, an architect, and a few willing hands in our group of 7 that share the lease; we decided it was necessary to provide a more suitable sleeping quarters than was has been provided.
    So the designing began. We talked about having enough room for 4 bunk beds, a couch and a sink/countertop. So we sketched some things out and decided on a 20'x20' cabin. One of the guys runs his own metal stud co. and had a bunch of material left over from other jobs.
    Monday night:
    Floor system is going to be made of 2x12 and 2x6 in 10'x20' sections. That way we can haul it out there and piece it together.

And this is what it looked like at the end of Day 1 of construction.

Tuesday night:
    With the metal studs being rolled out to length, we began piecing together the exterior walls.

Wednesday night:
    Last night, we pieced together the panel system that will span between the gable ends and started on the intermediate trusses. We only got 1 truss done of 2 so tonight we should wrap up the framing and load it up for tomorrow's departure for the lease. There we'll start the erecting of the walls and roof system. We scored on some free windows from my office where window distributors had dropped off some sample windows around 10 years ago. Freebee! During lunch today, we'll swing by Habitat for Humanity to see if they have a door that will work.

Congrats! I can't wait to see what y'all build and I LOVE your red window!

Comment

lookin dang good if you ask me

Comment

looking good

Comment

Man that's going to be awesome. Looking forward to updates.

Comment

Looking good. Interested in seeing the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
              Looking good. Interested in seeing the final product.
              X2

Comment

looks good, will be following this build

Comment

yep looking good guys. we are doing a poor boy version of this at our lease. just waiting on some tin.

Comment

One word: Exhausted.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343976902.780425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24100397

Tomorrow afternoon, the cabin pieces will be loaded up on the trailer and take the short trip towards Junction. It'll be interesting to see if it'll fit thru the ranch gate!

Comment

I am subscribing to this thread. Want to watch it go up. Pretty cool.

Comment

Great project.... Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Comment

looking great so far!

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Awesome, can't wait to see it go together.

Comment

Working...
                              X