X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Bless America, we have to many choices ha

Comment

Originally posted by GUT_TRAIL View Post
      Anyone know how well or solid the quiver pictured above holds to the bow vs a quiver that straps on like big jims or the strap-on selway. Just looking at them it "looks" like the big jim etc would hold more solid but I have never handled any of these type of strap on quivers. Glad we have lots of quality choices on the market!
      I've owned the. Big. Jim quiver and the EFA shown above. To me, the EFA is much better. It can be strapped tighter to the bow and the gripper is more solid.

I like the big Jim, but EFA is lighter, smaller, and just feels like the components are more solid.

Comment

I must admit I had my doubts about the Great Northern when I got it. But it really has been pretty flawless. Just make sure the lock down nuts are tight, I did have the top bar come out when I shot a big boar hog and i didnt know what had happened. I shot and the quiver spun around and arrows started to fall out. I was grabbing arrows and the boar was standing there with an arrow sticking out of him. I was just in state of panic it seemed like 10 mins but was really probably 3 seconds of total confusion.

Comment

You guys make me think too much and I always way over think everything.

Last year I said I was getting a Great Northern. Now I don't think I like the wire making them a one piece. I do see how that would be really useful in the tree though.

I may just have to buy two, one the way I want it to look, and one that is more useful. I have two for my compound so why not two for the trad bow.

Comment

i second great northern

Comment

Originally posted by GUT_TRAIL View Post
              I see where your coming from doc. What about these? http://www.kanatiquiver.com/slimangle.html
              Those are good to go. The newest one they have out, the Dual Arc is made out of lighter metal and bends super easy,or the one I have does anyway. If your tied down to 2 blade only heads they are great, but the hooded ones just give you a better option. The Dual Arc gives a lot more adjustability but as I said, the shaft is much softer metal and if it bends on an adjutment hole and you straighten it out the metal cracks. Those cost to much money to do that. I have tried calling several times to ask about this but get no answers and have sent a couple e-mails with no contact. I may try a Thunderhorn Small Fry Lynx the next go round.

Comment

I have a Selway in the classifieds for sale. It is a 5 arrow quiver. I got it in a trade and it has new foam and was poked with field points. It is in really good shape and at a good deal. When I get to my computer I can put a line to the add.

Glenn

Comment

Tried the Selway for awhile , then went to the GN. Have the strap on, side mount and the QD for the TD recurve. Friend just bought the Kickback model and it i nice.

Comment

I thought I would update what I did. I ended up buying the Thunderhorn small fry. I like it a lot. It holds my wood arrows really good. The only thinkgs I don't 100% like are that the straps are really stiff. That is a good thing when you get it on the bow, but I need to stretch it about 1/8" and I fight it and almost give up. Also the arrow holder has a sharp molded in part on the back of the arrow holder. I keep hitting my hand on it. I am about to file it down. The final thing I am not sure about is why three arrows push in to the arrow holder from the front and the fourth one comes in from the side. That just seems odd to me. I would rather them all come in from the front. Over all this is a great quiver, I am just really picky.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                      I thought I would update what I did. I ended up buying the Thunderhorn small fry. I like it a lot. It holds my wood arrows really good. The only thinkgs I don't 100% like are that the straps are really stiff. That is a good thing when you get it on the bow, but I need to stretch it about 1/8" and I fight it and almost give up. Also the arrow holder has a sharp molded in part on the back of the arrow holder. I keep hitting my hand on it. I am about to file it down. The final thing I am not sure about is why three arrows push in to the arrow holder from the front and the fourth one comes in from the side. That just seems odd to me. I would rather them all come in from the front. Over all this is a great quiver, I am just really picky.
                      Those are great quivers, I had 2 of them. My little nephew has one on his bow and a friend has the other one. That was my go to quivers until I got my Kanati. I would really like to try the Small Fry Lynx or whichever one has the connecting rod, I think that would be a great quiver. Glad you found one and up-dated with the info.

Comment

i really like my great northern quiver. Been through alot and still holds up very well.
                        I used to use a thunderhorn boa 2 piece. also a nice well made quiver but i prefer the one piece bowquiver.
                        i use the quick detach model and when i remove it from the bow everything hold together very well..
                        the great northern is also alot lighter!

edit: just read that you already decided...

Daniel

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my new quiver.

Comment

That will work! Great looking set-up.

Comment

Nice

Comment

I like both the Kanati and the Great Northern, with a slight preference for the Kanati because the guy who makes them is such a great guy to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X