0-7 On the opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
    Keep after em!! Not trying to critique you at all, just thought I'd throw this out there. Have you tried Corning a little further out? Use to, I would corn around 15-20 and deer just seemed very high strung. I am completely comfortable at shooting a deer at 30 yards. I know people here will say nothing over 20, but I have never had a problem with deer ducking 20-30 yd shots. Not saying it can't happen, because I know a deer could easily duck it, I have just had good luck with it. So maybe try Corning 20-25, if you are comfortable shooting past 20. It may not change a thing, but I think it's worth a try!
    That's a loooong shot with a trad bow.

Comment

0-7, 0-6, 0-5 etc is still better than 0-0 which is where I am. I will fix that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
        That's a loooong shot with a trad bow.
        I didn't realize this was in trad .... Lol I'm sorry guys, carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
          I didn't realize this was in trad .... Lol I'm sorry guys, carry on!

Haha no worries!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

0 for 4. Only critters I've see were in the evenings headed to my stands.

Comment

0-7, Oh well my $$$ is still riding on you my friend

Don't forget the emergency "beer bags" filled with corn. This weekend will be a far more favorable moon for morning and evening hunts.

Go gettum Brother !!!

Comment

Make that 0-3, haven't even seen a deer.
                Time for a change of scenery!

Comment

Back in the blind this morning. My son was able to hunt today too, he's in a blind about 400 yards away. Maybe we'll do some good!!

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Had one come in right at daylight, on the same trail I walked in on, where they are NOT supposed to come from lol. She blew and took off, never saw her. Guess she smelled where I walked in. I'll still hang out until 10 or so then try again this evening.

Comment

Good luck CRM... hope you get to put a 1 in the win column!

Comment

We're all Rooting for you!!

Comment

With the heat, skeeters and acorns in East Texas, I've only gone out 3 times and saw nothing, which is not unusual. I'm changing my strategy for this year, as there is always more activity when the temps cool down and the acorns are finished around Thanksgiving and by then I am usually burned out. That said, I'm only hunting when the temps are cool and I am trying to hunt trails so my anticipation will remain high longer into the season. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Best of luck to you. As my buddy always said, "you can't shoot one sitting on the couch, watching TV".

Comment

Good luck! Maybe practice from the roof of your house if youve cool neighbors, a roof valley and/or tall trees that might conceal your practicing. Roofers use the foam from the inside of old chair cushions found on side of road to pad them for sitting and kneeling on roofs.

I am 0-0 and feel more like a slacker than a bowhunter.

Keep on keepin on.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-06-2016, 07:54 AM. Reason: ThatSpake

Comment

1 for 5 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X