No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old man's bourbon was Jack Daniel's, so I drink that on certain anniversaries.

I've tried a couple but haven't found 'mine,' yet. I hated Buffalo Trace, really liked Eagle Rare.

Comment

Rebecca Creek.

Comment

Buffalo Trace, Angels Envy, Weller and Eagle Rare in that order.

I see a few others listed that I have not tried yet but intend too.

Comment

I have been on the Jack D Single Barrel kick since I discovered it a couple months ago. Much better taste than the old #7.This stuff is legit.
          I used to be cheap and drink Crown, but have really gotten into some of the other flavors. Really like Woodford Reserve which is my wifes favorite.

FYI the flavored whiskeys like Jim Beam Maple and the Jack D Tennessee Honey is disgusting. Like to make me gag

Comment

I'm a Forty Creek guy myself, but I do like my Canadian Hunter!!!!! lol Say what you want but if Im gonna mix it Ill take that any day.

Comment

TX is my favorite.

Comment

been a die hard crown consumer for the last 25 years. my wifes an accountant for a Canadian company, and makes trips over there and always brings back there limited, which is better then any that we can get over here in the sates.

Comment

Pendleton for me.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                    . One of my favorites.
                    Same here. I like the little hint of vanilla bean. I've heard good things about Whitmeyers made here in Houston.

Comment

Rebecca Creek
                      Blanton's
                      Crown

Still need to get my hands on some TX and try it. It's always sold out when I think to look for it.

Comment

Dr. Ezra's Secret Elixir. Cures everything from worms to wet farts. Old Ezra is my go-to. Hard to find, but it tastes good to me and its 101 proof...not that sissy 80 proof Jack and Jim. 1835 and Maker's 46 are good too.

Comment

Makers is still my go to.

I tend to side with Buffalo Trace and Four Roses after visiting their distillery's on my bachelor party. Also enjoy TX Whiskey and Garrison Bros.

Comment

These have been my two lately for weekly sipping (straight chilled no ice). Great taste and the price point is right.

Rebecca Creek

Firestone and Robertson

Click image for larger version

Name:	whiskey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	24378278
                            Attached Files

Comment

Buffalo Trace is hard to beat, especially for the money.

Corner Creek does it though... man that is good stuff!

Comment

Good thread, there. Writing new stuff to try. 1835 is my wife's favorite bourbon. My bourbon stash doesn't last as long since I turned her into a whiskey girl. JR Ewing, I really enjoyed it plus it has a cool bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X