This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post
    When tryng it out this morning, when I could pull it all together I was very accurate. Switching from what I have been doing to this will be challenging but "may" work!

I have seen Draco shoot and it sure works for him.
    What did you switch from?

Comment

How well does this work with split finger?

Comment

This thread is missing some posts. As Rubydog said yesterday this will work quite well for split finger. TBH's "GapShooter" shoots this way and is an awesome shot. L.Freeman, S. Kanaga S. Wilson and Shabow are also among the best shots I have ever seen. Wait..not 100% sure that S.Wilson and Shabow shoot this way but I think so. Why it dosen't work for me I don't know, but here is what happend when I worked with it. From 10 yds I shoot at the center cross. It hits the center cross. I step back and raise to the second mark above. It hits the second mark above. Back and raise. It hits where I look. Guess I'm not smart enough to shoot this way. Draco, what do you make of this?

Comment

It means your spot on from every where. Thats awsome.. Show off

Comment

But that is not possible. ^^ Old timers chime in with your opinion. Where is guru Draco? One2bowhunt, I do not know how to post the little faces on here but I am sticking my tounge out at you right now.
            Last edited by Deb; 11-30-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Deb, don't pay any attention to Joe,[one2bowhunt] as he's one of those guys that you show how to shoot and in about 20 minutes he is out shooting you. He is just a natural and would have been good no matter which way he shot. He does have advantages over us though. He's young, strong, has great eye sight and a steady hold. He is a great guy though.

Comment

Lol, nobody likes guys like that.

Comment

I am kinda new to archery but started out split finger, instinctive and could not get the hang of it. I switched to 3 under with an aiming system like you use and really started improving. Great article with sound advice!

Comment

Draco here is a question for you. I started shooting instictive when I was 6 and di until I was 14 then I found out that I am left eye dominant and being right handed it makes it almost impossible to shoot instinctive. Do you think this gap method would work if I closed my left eye and only used my right when shooting?

Comment

I am left eye dominant and right handed. I shoot instinctive 3 under just fine.

Comment

good thread

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                          I am left eye dominant and right handed. I shoot instinctive 3 under just fine.
                          I didn't know that. Martha is left eye dominant and shoots right handed also. Of course she's not as good as you, but that's more a function of practice (lack thereof) than anything else.

I taught our son (now 25) to shoot a bow right handed before we knew he was left eye dominant too. When he got into shooting rifles and shotguns in Scouts, they determined his left eye dominance and taught him to shoot guns left handed and to sight with his left eye. He is quite good with guns.

He still shoots a bow right handed and uses wheels and sights and sights a bow with his right eye. He shoots a compound pretty well too. We messed him up in many ways.
                          Last edited by fletcherfor2; 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Hey, Dusty. If you look at the 2008 TBot newsletters you will see that Martha was just a few points ahead or behind me. Check 2009, too. I know she can shoot just as well as I can. And I REALLY MISS HER BEING HERE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                              I REALLY MISS HER BEING HERE!!!
                              x2...where is Mrs. Martha?

Comment

Real busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X