"First Shot Challenge" (Input)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"First Shot Challenge" (Input)

A couple of things I want everyone to try to remember before they answer the questions:

1 - This is a great event, and whether folks realize it or not, it is a learning tool, as well as a good practice tool.

2 - It isn't meant to be a competition. It is meant to get folks more involved in thinking about their shooting, especially where hunting is concerned. Friendly competition is great, but we don't want to take it so seriously that we loose sight of the intent.

It seems interest has dwindled some on this weekly event, so in an effort to rekindle it, I am asking:

1 - What do we need to do to make it more accommodating for you to participate?

2 - What would you like to see as far as format of shots are concerned?

I understand hunting season is here..But I really liked it as a ''First Shot Friday''.. I know I looked forward to Friday just to take that one shot on that day only!!!! But I understand its a busy time right now for everyone.. just my 2cents!!!

Comment

I like it the way it is. Having this challenge every week has made me a much better archer and much more confident going into the field. I am a 100% confident I will get my first trad. kill this year.

Comment

Personaly, I just like going with the flow, as said before,I have nothing but time on my hands.I have noticed that there are fewer particapating and was hoping that would change when we opened it up to anytime before midnite on Saturday. This shot is all I have to look forward to each week and being able to see other folks shots. I really don't look at it as "competion" per say. I just like being involved in something that to me is "FUN". As I have stated before, I am not that great of a shot, I have been more lucky than anything. I am happy with any shot that would strike well in a hunting situation whether I connect with the item chosen for the shot to be performed. I am just hoping folks haven't become burned out on this one.

Comment

I don't play because I can't take and post pics, but I really look forward to this game. I love the things ya'll come up with to shoot at. Hope it keeps on going. Doc is telling a whopper, he is a VERY good shot. We invited him out to shoot with us ONCE.

Comment

I'm a wheelie boy but I always watch and try yall's shots by myself I hope you keep it goin'...I just wish some one would do one with wheels on it....

Comment

As for me. I have been too busy getting things together at and for the hunting lease and just don't have time to run around gathering items to shoot at that I don't already have laying handy.
              The only suggestion I might have would be the KISS theory.
              Aim small, miss small

Comment

I forget and shoot my usual 2 arrows. it's not the first shot when I remember it.
                Beside the guy looks so much like dipsnot bobiden I'd ding him betwix the eye...........Oh darn... I typed that out loud... gotta talk to the Doc about that.....heheheheee

Comment

Rick,

I think we have forgotten that this is all in fun!!! We are challenging each other and ourselves to achieve a higher level in our archery skills. I am not always able to get home on time to shoot on Friday so the FSC of the week is better for me. I honestly think that we can get away from the printed pieces and find things around the house we can use to make our shots just as or even more challenging. I myself find it far better to shoot at something with some dimension to it. Makes focusing these old eyes a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                    Rick,

I think we have forgotten that this is all in fun!!! We are challenging each other and ourselves to achieve a higher level in our archery skills. I am not always able to get home on time to shoot on Friday so the FSC of the week is better for me. I honestly think that we can get away from the printed pieces and find things around the house we can use to make our shots just as or even more challenging. I myself find it far better to shoot at something with some dimension to it. Makes focusing these old eyes a lot easier.
                    Right there with ya, especially what I highlighted in red.

Comment

I think doing it all week diminishes the anpissatation of the shot so the interest wains (sp?). Maybe tightening the window but not making it only for Friday might generate more interest. I know it's all in fun but it would be easy to take this shot starting Monday and keep taking this shot until you get the result you want and then post. How about start taking entries from noon Thursday to noon Saturday???????????

Comment

I will go with the flow, if you all want to take it back to FSF or Shot of the Week due by Saturday evening, it don't matta to me... its all good.

Comment

I haven't been able to participate as much these past few months b/c my workload has nearly doubled, and I just don't have as much free time any more. Keeping it as is helps folks like me participate more often, but even when I'm not able to shoot I still look forward to seeing every one else's shots and the constantly new shot ideas that the week's winners come up with.

Comment

I don't always submit a shot for several reasons:

1. I suck and my attempt is so miserably bad that looking at it would make you guys worse vicariously.
                            2. I don't have time to set the shot up
                            3. When I start practicing I forget to take the shot first and therefore disqualify myself for that day.

My advice is to make the shots creative and unique but as easy to set up and perform as possible, that way no one is excluded. Also, vary the distances and situations. Just my 2 pennies, I will continue to participate as I am able.

Comment

I don't shoot BH's at the house. I live in town. Not apples to apples with points vs BH's. Really don't want to do an art project before i go shoot. But I still look to see who's shooting and their results.

Comment

Working...
                              X