Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Momma" Deb.

True story.
    At Chester a few weeks ago the Weavers went to the practice range and found an old guy trying to shoot a bow and arrow. He was whining about missing right and missing left, …….pitiful sight. In her usual shy, demure way Deb indicated that the old boy was doing it wrong. She said that if he would listen to her, he would shoot better. Well he did and …..he did. Something about starting with the feet, facing the target differently and on and on. Well, the payoff came the second round at Chester where the guy’s score was much better and at the Longbow Shoot where he actually got a buckle. Bottom line: the lady knows her stuff. Gonna call her Momma Deb from now on.

Charlie

Charlie,
    Deb is one of the Divas of Trad!

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
      Charlie,
      Deb is one of the Divas of Trad!
      Indeed, she is, Jo!

Charlie, "her usual shy, demure way"...I laughed out loud at that one

Seriously, the lady has some mad skills

Love ya, Deb!

Comment

Helped me with my release....

Comment

"Her usual shy, demure way" Hummph. Well now, Charlie, thats pretty good. Funny stuff right there. Let me tell you one that might be even better...a guy at the Austin club called me an elitist snob. Glad I could be of service. Congrats on the buckle, Charlie. A fine example of what men can accomplish if they listen to women.
          Last edited by Deb; 05-31-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

now that wasnt slightly sexist if i do say so myself.... funny stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              "Her usual shy, demure way" Hummph. Well now, Charlie, thats pretty good. Funny stuff right there. Let me tell you one that might be even better...a guy at the Austin club called me an elitist snob. Glad I could be of service. Congrats on the buckle, Charlie. A fine example of what men can accomplish if they listen to women.
              "Elitist snob?"
              That guy at the Austin club has some SERIOUS issues with his "how to read people" skills...good GRIEF.

And Charlie, huge congrats on your buckle!

Comment

She's a regular Annie Oakley with a bow!!!!!!! I had the pleasure of witnessing her "12 ring" the Buffalo at the Long Bow Shoot this past weekend. About a 50 to 55 yd shot. The best shot I ever saw!!! Fan dang tastic is what it was!!!!!!!!

Comment

SWilson, I have lost your contact info. I sent you a pm. Would like to have a copy of that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by SWilson View Post
                    She's a regular Annie Oakley with a bow!!!!!!! I had the pleasure of witnessing her "12 ring" the Buffalo at the Long Bow Shoot this past weekend. About a 50 to 55 yd shot. The best shot I ever saw!!! Fan dang tastic is what it was!!!!!!!!
                    You're taking some credit away from her. That Buffalo shot was quite a bit farther than 50-55yds.

Bisch

Comment

O.K., I am more than convinced, Deb, my wife needs lessons pretty badly! I need her to start shooting better before she gets to frustrated, and quits. I can't seem to get her straightened out. Bless her heart she really enjoys shooting, she just can't get the sight picture and I can't explain it to her. Maybe we can make a shoot that your at and maybe you could help her?

Comment

Buffalo was 65 yds I heard..and good shootin momma Deb

Comment

What you have witnessed is the power of prayer. I asked God to make that shot for me and he did.

Comment

You know Deb or should I say "Momma Deb"......

"As the arrowsmith makes the arrow, so God can make us"

Comment

I am highly allergic to poison oak and poison ivy and mentioned that fact so
                              what's this with Deb tellin me to go home and wash 3 times with Dawn liquid dish soap?
                              I figured it was worth a try because I was all in that stuff both days and I just hate havin to scratch hidden places in mixed company.
                              Well 4 baths with dish soap and 2 days later and I ain't even got the slightest itch anywhere. No chiggers either!

Thanks Deb!!!!

Oh wait, there is one little itch, I can't wait to shoot again at Cowtown recurve.

Comment

Working...
                              X