No announcement yet.

1 eye jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been shooting on and off pretty much all day to see if last night was a fluke.
    Nope, still more accurate than the last several months. I shot from 10yds to 25yds. I wanted to see how long it would take to get the 25 yd shot dialed in. It didn't take long and I was shooting pretty good groups. I guess for now I'm sticking with this one eye thing.

Comment

my wife shoot's one eye open. sometimes she's on. sometimes she's off. but who's to say if it works for her, she hardly ever practices,

do what works. and if it puts meat in the frezzer. it works....
      Last edited by JEFFRO; 08-15-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I started shooting a compound many years ago, and found out I was right eye dominate and left handed. I switched and forced myself to learn to shoot right handed.

I switched to a recurve after a few years and then a longbow and kept shooting one eyed due to the peep on my longbow.

I shoot great groups one eyed with the longbow. When I shoot both eyes open you should run for the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by GILBERT View Post
          Well, i have always been one to say that if it is not broken do not fix it.
          That right there is most truthful statement I've read on this forum. You are better off while hunting with both eyes open. You close one eye and you miss the doe that just step out and will bust you when you draw on the big bruser in front of you. If you practice with one eye closed then try to switch back to both eyes for hunting, you are just asking for big problems.

I'm with Gilbert 100% on this subject!

Comment

Working...
          X