(Newbie) Wood Arrows Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Newbie) Wood Arrows Question

Wanting to maybe start shooting wooden arrows along with my carbons..

My set-up right now is 2 longbows one 44 pounds and my other on the way is going to be 47 pounds.. 30 in arrows ,Ics beaman bowhunters,100 grain insert,175 field point ..

Not sure where to start with getting wooden arrows...But I would like to follow the same set-up as my carbons..If possible...

Just looking for some advice on wooden arrows...Thanks for any info

Pm Rubydog. He knows all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Pm Rubydog. He knows all about it.
      He is out of town this week. Talked to him last week very briefly about prices of arrows..But that is as far as the talks went..

Comment

Originally posted by warrior62 View Post
        He is out of town this week. Talked to him last week very briefly about prices of arrows..But that is as far as the talks went..
        Don't worry, you'll have plenty of help.

Comment

Where are you located? Wyatt Webb has many woodies at Smithfield Archery in Ft. Worth. You can go in and shoot all of them until you find the ones that shoot straight for you. Cash or check only for them and they are really good arrows.

Comment

Too far from me...I live in Austin

Comment

warrior62 its hard to say exactly what woodies you will need but I would say 50-55 spine, if you are going to try alot of FOC weight. Whats your draw length? You probably wont be able to FOC woodies as much as you do your carbons so you need to get with someone that has alot of different spine woodies and try them all. I will be at Austin and I usually have a few different ones with me. I would gladly let you try several different spines that I have.

Comment

Working...
              X