No announcement yet.

Did a bee removal today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do yall treat the area where you removed the hive from after you have removed them?
    I am asking because last removal I did, the guy said he had 20-30 bees stick around the barrel for some time after the removal.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
      do yall treat the area where you removed the hive from after you have removed them?
      I am asking because last removal I did, the guy said he had 20-30 bees stick around the barrel for some time after the removal.
      I should have, but I forgot the Bee Begone stuff. Also, the were quite a few bees that I could not get. I’m guessing a few thousand, or so. Many landed on the ground under the shed. A bunch were still out flying around.

Comment

That sure doesnt look like much room to work. I've done that under a trailer house once. We didnt even smoke them and never got stung. It does suck though for us bigger guys crawling under things and gets worse the older you get.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
          That sure doesnt look like much room to work. I've done that under a trailer house once. We didnt even smoke them and never got stung. It does suck though for us bigger guys crawling under things and gets worse the older you get.
          There wasn’t much room at all. I pretty much had to ‘one hand’ everything. I could barely get two hands on it at the same time. The bees weren’t bad at all. The reason i got stung was that I took off my leather gloves due to the amount of honey Oozing out everywhere. I put on heavy duty dishwashers gloves, which helped. But every now and then I had to pick up large pieces of comb off of the ground and probably just squished a few bees, thus getting stung. Luckily, I wasn’t too affected by the stings.

Comment

If you got some snuff those stings dont amount to much.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
              I should have, but I forgot the Bee Begone stuff. Also, the were quite a few bees that I could not get. I’m guessing a few thousand, or so. Many landed on the ground under the shed. A bunch were still out flying around.
              I usually go beck after dark with my bee vac and get the rest of the straggler's. Good job on the remove!

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                that is a lot darker honey than what we have been getting. Any idea what type of pollen was in that area??
                You can have lighter and darker honey in a single honey super depending on what nectar flow the bees are foraging from at different times.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                  You can have lighter and darker honey in a single honey super depending on what nectar flow the bees are foraging from at different times.
                  I never thought about that. This honey does have a slightly pungent taste to it.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X