No announcement yet.

0-7 On the opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm camping with my scout troop. Saw several deer today on our orienteering competition. Too hot to hunt on this moon so this is a great way to spend the weekend in the outdoors. Sleeping on a cot under the stars.

Comment

Oh, I popped a doe on my fourth hunt with my compound. This next week I will be taking the recurve for a hunt or two. Hopefully Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I'm camping with my scout troop. Saw several deer today on our orienteering competition. Too hot to hunt on this moon so this is a great way to spend the weekend in the outdoors. Sleeping on a cot under the stars.
        We had Jamboree on the air this weekend... ir Id have been out.

Comment

Good times.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161015_195834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	24466269

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think i would rather have your luck Scott. I have sit 5 sits, finally had the cull buck come in that we were after. Sitting in the carpet blind with my longbow. He comes right in goes broadside at 18 yards and I miss him left by over a foot. The dude doesnt know what happened, stays in the pen, feeds around close to the fence so that I couldnt get a 2nd opportunity. He finally moves back to the same spot of the first miss and I draw my bow back settle on him, let it rip, hit him way high and left of his front shoulder. Totally sick to my stomach. We searched for 3 hours, NOT ONE DROP of BLOOD! So bummed right now. I would rather of sit 8 times and seen nothing. I hate to wound an animal. . .so frustrated.

Comment

Dang Scott, that is a bummer for sure. I know what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                  I think i would rather have your luck Scott. I have sit 5 sits, finally had the cull buck come in that we were after. Sitting in the carpet blind with my longbow. He comes right in goes broadside at 18 yards and I miss him left by over a foot. The dude doesnt know what happened, stays in the pen, feeds around close to the fence so that I couldnt get a 2nd opportunity. He finally moves back to the same spot of the first miss and I draw my bow back settle on him, let it rip, hit him way high and left of his front shoulder. Totally sick to my stomach. We searched for 3 hours, NOT ONE DROP of BLOOD! So bummed right now. I would rather of sit 8 times and seen nothing. I hate to wound an animal. . .so frustrated.
                  Sorry to hear man. I know everybody says it to the point that it gets old...but it happens to everybody at some point. Keep your chin up. Sounds like you did all you could to find him. You'll get the next one.

Comment

0-1

Had my first hunt of the season it was also my first trad hunt with my recurve. I had a doe at 30-40 yds and a nice 8pter at 70yds but they both caught my wind. Im happyish.

Comment

sounds pretty familiar

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        0-1

Had my first hunt of the season it was also my first trad hunt with my recurve. I had a doe at 30-40 yds and a nice 8pter at 70yds but they both caught my wind. Im happyish.
                        Congrats on getting out there for your first sit with a trad bow. Granted it was only 2 years ago... but I can still remember my first time I walked out of camp with just my stick bow in my hand.

Comment

Working...
                        X